A New Contractor

The office building that they are set up in is open to whoever needs to be there. Any person off the street can walk in and inquire but only those who know they need to be there are allowed further. The weekends are generally slow giving them time to catch up on paperwork, finances, and cleaning the office. Adam has been moved into the group rather quickly. He's been working under Hanson with research and administrative work for contracting. Juliet has taken an unofficial role as Hunter's personal assistant recently. She's been working with him on his jobs around the town. She found out that he's been working with some of the local investigative groups that are considered the front-line investigators that issue contracts to be taken. He helps them debunk a few to not waste time while helping solve some of the smaller problems.

The office was really getting more productive. It was really strange to see things working so well. On occasion, there was an odd disturbance like Juliet. She would walk into Hunter's office and an exchange would always happen, "Hunter! Why are you drinking?!"

"It's afternoon!"

"You said you would cut back!"

"It's half!"

"Of the glass!"

"Which is half! Plus it's only my second!"

"Goddammit!"

There was a polite knock on the door behind them. Both turned expecting Hanson or Adam but there was a new face that neither of them had seen. A medium-height man stood there holding what looked like a walking stick with a few trinkets dangling off of it. He appeared to be in his mid-20s about the same age as Hunter. He scratches his head ruffling his coal-black hair, "I'm not interrupting am I?" Juliet stepped past the stranger shooting a glare at Hunter before leaving. Hunter waved him in to have a seat, "No, not really. Come in, have a seat. What can we do for you?" The stranger walked in, took the offered seat leaning in towards the desk, "I would like a job."

Unsure of what he was really asking or if he knew what he was asking for, Hunter paused for a second, "Ok, what kind of employment are you looking for?"

"I would like something in the field. I don't do well behind a desk."

Hunter was cautious, "Ok, how did you hear about us?"

"A friend recommended it to me. Said you helped him out a couple years ago."

"Do you know what we do here?"

"Yes, you are contractors who deal with... certain types of issues."

"You're going to have to say it otherwise I think you're just in the wrong spot."

"You deal with monsters and paranormal removal."

"Close enough, yea we deal with more the monster side of things. But why do you want to work with us?"

"I heard that you guys were able to deal with the problem in Texas not too long ago with a few ladies of the night."

Hunter looked out the door as Juliet walked by remembering that she was the problem in Texas. "Yea, still not sure we 100% solved that one but we will try. But again, why work with us?"

"I had to do some research on my own and you guys are very hard to find but your work is really well done and I want to be a part of that. I feel that I could add something to the team."

"What would that be that you could add?"

"A specialty in Necromancy and Voodoo."

"We already have an expert in voodoo who can inform us of curses, hexes, and spells. What can you bring that's different?"