7. What's mine is yours

Luke's POV

I was at a shop. A book shop to be specific. I don't know why, and I honestly didn't care why. I remember being inside reading a book. 'My animated life' it was called, written by Don Bluth. I was a fan of his work, I mean who wasn't? His films were amazing. I remember reading the book thinking How could a guy make so many films and write a book? It was beyond me. 

Then, I remember putting the book down, as I spotted something else. 'Secrets of the Universe' it was called. I was hesitant to pick it up as I thought space was boring, but I did it anyway. I glanced at the cover, it was quite cool seeing the entire Solar System right in front of your eyes condensed down to just one book cover. I opened the book and read the first chapter. Despite not particularly liking space, I found this particular book fascinating. I kept reading it until I reached quite a peculiar page. On it was a picture.. a picture of me? 

Weird I thought. 

I read the caption. "The anomaly" it read.

Anomaly? No, no that's wrong. I'm not an Anomaly, am I?

I kept reading the page.

"Luke caused the end, Luke destroyed the balance between the two worlds, Luke will pay." The page read. I slammed the book shut and put it back. I then returned to Don Bluth's book. I opened it to the page I had last left it at. 

Cool I thought. A page about the things he's cut from his films.

I read the page.

"I remember back in '88 Steven Spielberg told me that an in depth hell scene would be no good for a kids movie. I replied to him, saying 'It would be perfect, especially since Luke's going to be watching it. I think that would be great for him to see where he's going for what he's done to our world." the page read. 

I quickly slammed that book closed too. Then, I realised something. There was a man staring at me from the end of the row of shelves.

"Hello, Luke," He said. He was sat at a table, a balance scale in front of him. "Please sit down." Suddenly, the book shop began to fade. It faded to a completely white void.

"Why would I listen to you?" I spat.

"A feisty one, I see," The man replied, adjusting his tie. "Now sit."

He clicked his fingers and I was pulled by an unknown force to the seat and was forced to sit down. I tried to get up, but whatever it was that was keeping me there was not going to let me go any time soon.

"Luke, there's no point in running from your fears," The man said, leaning in close to my face. "Because you know you'll never be able to escape."

"Yes I can, I've been doing it for two years!" I growled.

"Oh, I don't think you have," The man replied. "You've always been right here, right here in Zootopia."

"No I haven't! I escaped!" I protested, trying harder to move.

"You're doing it again, Luke. You're lying to yourself," The man said. "See this?"

I nodded slowly.

"This is the balance between your world and our world. As you can see, it's out of balance," He continued. "And you and I both know what an imbalance means, don't we?"

I nodded again.

"Are you sure?" The man taunted me.

"Yes, I'm fairly certain." I replied finally.

"Oh, I don't think you are," The man replied. I stared at him, fuming. "I don't want you to forget what happens. It's not like you forgot the first time."