Day 4

For some reason this book has deleted almost a full chapter of stuff for no reason.

So THAT'S fun

Let's try to remember what happened...

It was 1am when the tired Martyn, Grian and Skizz - the only wake-able holidayer who they trusted to drive - arrived at the gardens. And, by the time they'd gotten Grian over the gates, it was 1:10 at least. Martyn and Skizz watched him run off into the dark towards where Jimmy hopefully was.

'Tim!' Grian whispered as loud as he could. 'TIM WHERE ARE YOU?' No reply... he entered the entrance building, looked around the gift-shop, and... 

In the corner of the lost property, looking slightly sad and pathetic, was Jimmy Solidarity. He didn't appear to notice Grian who sighed and spoke.

'Hey Jimmy.'

'Hello? Who's- GRIAN OH MY GOODNESS!'

'Shhhh! I don't know who's here... We're not allowed to be in here.'

'You- you left me behind!'

'I know. I'm sorry. Come on.' Grian lead the way outside and back to the gate where Martyn and Skizz were waiting. Jimmy helped Grian over first and then...

'Right, let's head off again...' Martyn headed off towards the minivan again.

'WAIT PLEASE NO DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!' Screeched Jimmy. 

'There's a hole in the fence over there.' Skizz sighed. Jimmy scrambled through, and they headed back to the holiday home. Jimmy explained what had happened — he wanted to find Tango for protection, but didn't want Grian to shout at him so had hidden until it was 5:30 and he realised the place closed at 4. Everyone was too tired to blame him, especially Grian who, upon entering, collapsed asleep on the sofa and couldn't be woken. 

Tango and Joel's arguing woke Scar the next day. It was only as he saw the clock in the living room that he realised it was morning.

'He's been crying in the corner of my room since you banned him from yours!'

'He deserved it! He's a bloody idiot!'

'No he didn't!'

'What's... going on?' A glance at Grian still asleep on the sofa. 'Who's an idiot?'

'Jimmy! He didn't leave the gardens with us and I didn't let him into my room when he woke me up at 2AM!'

'We left him behind?'

'It was his fault for not showing up!'

'It's your fault for scaring him. And Grian's for being grumpy this whole time about everything tiny that happens!'

'Is everything ok dudes?' I heard arguing.' Ren appeared in the doorway, followed by Cub, Doc, Pearl and Impulse. 

'No! Joel's bullying Jimmy into crying himself to sleep and then saying he's done nothing wrong!'

'For goodness sakes, Tango. Jimmy's whole personality is being bullied!'

'No! He's kind, and funny, and brilliant, and brave and...'

'Does anyone want pancakes for breakfast?' 

'Pancakes?' Tango looked over at Cub, his anger at Joel forgotten at the power of pancakes. 'I want pancakes.'

'Scar? Do you want pancakes?'

'Definitely!'

So it was decided. Cub set out to make pancakes for the group while Etho repeatedly explained why maple syrup was the best pancake topping to a Rendog who insisted it was lemon and sugar. Grian was the only one still asleep by the time they were eating, though Jimmy, Martyn and Skizz nearly were too. But an unwise quantity of sugar woke them up too. 

'What are we going to do about Grian?' Joe asked. 'He's making more Zs than the English Disctionary right now.'

'I mean, carrying him around worked in Limited Life.' Joel shrugged

'Until Scar TNT bombed him.' 

'Maybe we just take him wherever we're going and see how confused he is when he wakes up there.' Suggested Cub with a laugh. Everyone appeared to agree with that idea, and Doc was strong enough, casually carrying Grian over their shoulder as they headed to - Bdubs's idea - the local castle. The person at the welcome desk appeared mildly concerned at them carrying along an unconscious guy with them, but didn't question. They entered the castle, where Martyn dropped a new bombshell.

'Did any of you hear this castle was haunted?'

Jimmy froze.

'Haunted?'

'Yeah, yeah. It's properly haunted.' 

'Ghosts aren't real, Jimmy.' Joel scoffed. Scar didn't look so sure.

'Cub? Are ghosts real?'

'Completely. 100%.' Replied Cub without hesitation. 'I heard about this place being haunted.'

'Yeah, yeah... the ghost of Skadoodle McMurderface wasn't it?' Tango joked. 

'Skadoodle Mc... Mc Murderface?' Jimmy was properly shaking at this point. Joel was laughing. Bdubs shuffled closer to Etho.

'You shouldn't laugh, Joel... ghosts are really real...'

'Apparently this one only targets people whose name begins with an S.' Martyn added. Jimmy turned white.

'Solidarity. The- the ghost's gonna be after me!'

'Scar... Oh no... CUB PROTECT ME FROM THE EVIL GHOSTY!'

'And- and it's going to be after you too Joel... Smallishbeans.'

'Oh, of course it bloody is!'

'Skizzleman.' Impulse grinned at his friend, who gave a spooky 'woooooo!' back. Jimmy screamed.

'IT'S THE GHOST!'

'IT'S SKIZZ, JIMMY. CALM DOWN!'

'I heard Skadoodle McMurderface likes silence, so he kills the noisiest person.' Jimmy fell silent immediately at Pearl's comment, except a mutter of 'it's gonna get me... the ghost's gonna get me...' . Scar was hiding behind Cub. Bdubs, despite being safe from the 'ghost', was refusing to move from Etho's side, Martyn muttered something to Skizz and Joel looked rather unbothered about the fact he could get killed by Skadoodle McMurderface any minute. Ren was ignoring the ghost shenanigans, reminiscing about his reign as the great and honourable King Ren with full drama to Doc, who was still carrying the sleeping Grian. 

'Skadoodle McMurderface isn't the only ghost here.' Joe decided to add to the chaos by saying. 'This is, of course, the home of Jeremy Spirit, who likes to kill people with his initials. So his initial targets among us would be Mr Joel Smallishbeans, or Mr Jimmy Solidarity.'

'There- there are 2 ghosts after me... there are 2 ghosts after me! Oh my goodness... I- I'm not safe. I'm gonna die to a ghost- I'M GONNA DIE TO A GHOST!' 

This outburst gained the attention of an elderly couple, who continued along even faster. Jimmy called an apology back.

'They- they'll be after you quicker if you're yelling!' Scar reminded him, shaking. 

'Anyone got an EMF reader?' Impulse called, not at all scared of Skadoodle McMurderface or Jeremy Spirit. Tango laughed. 

'I mean... with a name like Jeremy Spirit, I feel like I might be able to guess what kind of ghost he is... isn't that right Skizz?' He turned to where Skizz was standing 3 seconds ago.

Skizz was gone.

This is actually even better than what I had before.

And everything happened a lot quicker so I could fit it more ghosty shenanigans.