Chapter Thirteen : The Auror

Sabrina couldn't sleep. She felt like every time she closed her eyes, a nightmare lay behind them. Sometimes it was Professor Fig's death, sometimes it was Rookwood taunting her, or sometimes it was even Isidora Morganach telling Sabrina how much of a coward she was and how disappointed she was in her for destroying the repository.

After a while of laying in bed staring at the ceiling, Sabrina got up and made her way down to the common room. She knew it was well past midnight, but she was okay with that because she enjoyed the silence that came with the night.

She wasn't surprised to see Ominis sitting in front of the fireplace in his usual spot on the couch.

"Hello Sabrina," Ominis said.

"Hello Ominis," she replied. Sabrina went and sat next to him. "I can't sleep either."

Ominis nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry."

"So am I." Sabrina shivered uncontrollably, feeling an anxious feeling wash over her. That seemed to happen to her a lot.

"Are you cold?" Ominis asked. Of course he would notice her shiver next to him.

"Not really," Sabrina said honestly.

A few seconds later, Sabrina felt a shift next to her, and when she looked over she saw Ominis had lifted his arm. "Come here."

Sabrina couldn't help but eye him. "I thought you didn't like physical touch."

She saw a hint of pink wash over the blind boys' face. "I'm cold too. Perhaps we can keep each other warm."

Her heart sped up at the thought of moving into Ominis' arms. How often did she fantasize about this? Just thinking about his soft embrace made her nervous and excited. He had a strange ability to calm every nerve in her body, and it was almost addicting. Carefully, she moved closer to Ominis and let him wrap his arm around her shoulders.

Sabrina could feel his heartbeat. It was beating rapidly but at the same time was soothing, allowing her to completely calm her own heart as the remnants of his cologne came to her nose. French vanilla and pine....

"Why do you still wear this?" Ominis asked as his fingers rubbed over Sabrina's sweater. "It's old and worn. And I gave you a new one."

"But I like this one," Sabrina smiled. "It was the first thing you boys gave me, and it feels like a hug every time I wear it."

She could have sworn she felt Ominis' hand tremble lightly before his fingers went back to rubbing small, soothing circles on her shoulder. "I'm glad it brings you such comfort."

Sabrina had spent the entire day off from school either asleep or deep in thought.

She barely remembered falling asleep in the Gryffindor Common Room, but as soon as she was awake she was writing to Professor Weasley with a lame excuse as to why she wouldn't be at school that day. Just the thought of seeing Ominis again made Sabrina's soul hurt, and since she had all of her classes with him she knew she wouldn't survive one minute without breaking down.

So Sabrina had gone home to Upper Hogsfield in a feeble attempt to calm down and to try and make sense of it all. Because if she knew one thing, it was that nothing was making sense.

When Sabrina woke up, she got out of bed and dragged herself to the kitchen to make a pot of tea. She was thankful that the house was always so quiet because it allowed her to dig deep without distraction.