[005] Talk It Out

Silence had overcome the prison after the governor man attacked

Silence had overcome the prison after the governor man attacked. Fiona despised the man even more than she had before. Every thought that entered her mind was about the governor and she hated it. She wanted to kill that man and she was going to. She didn't know how or when but she would. He had ruined everyone in that prison's expectations for the future because everyone had thought they had to leave. But they weren't going to.

"We're not leaving," Rick grumbled to Hershel who kept insisting they should leave the prison before things got worse.

The only person who had died was Axel and the Dixon brothers returned. Fiona tried her hardest to ignore Merle's annoying but sometimes funny comments while Daryl attempted to talk to her, obviously getting ignored. She wanted to stop ignoring him but she didn't. God knows why.

"We can't stay here." Hershel pointed out the obvious while he sat on the stairs.

Fiona wanted to stay. She wanted to help this place grow so they could live here for however long that lasted, which seemed like not long enough. She wanted the baby to live in a place where she could grow up and a place for her sisters to live and grow up again.

"What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie makes a reasonable point.

"We can't even go outside." Beth agrees.

"Not in the daylight," Carol spoke.

"If Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn's tone sounded a bit stressed out which made Fiona instinctively pat his back.

Glenn had everyone's problems on his back at the moment because Rick had been exploring a whole new world no one else could see and Daryl decided it would be the best time to leave the group. Until he came back obviously.

"No, better to live like rats." Fiona rolled her eyes at the one-handed man as his obnoxiously loud voice spoke.

"You got a better idea?" Rick looked over at him, making sure to give him a dirty look.

"Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

No one wanted to keep fighting just to survive. And the governor just made it worse for everyone else. Including his little town.

"Fuck his stanky ass scouts. I'll kill those motherfuckers." Mariam muttered to herself even tho everyone heard, getting an elbow hit from Fiona and a shrug from herself.

"We ain't scared of that prick," Daryl spoke from above Fiona, walking across the upstairs floor while his footsteps made a thump every step.

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers."