8

JJ pov

I walk into the kitchen to get some water and I see Bri, standing by the microwave on her phone. I take a second to observe her and make sure she's okay. She does the peace sign and sticks her tongue out. She's replying to snaps. The classic Bri face. I smile as I walk up to her. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey." she says warmly, taking her bowl out of the microwave.

"Hi. How was your date?" I ask, doing my best to keep my smile.

"It was nice." she says. Not convincing.

"Where did he take you?" I ask. I will get her to tell the truth.

"An Italian place." she says, putting her bowl back in the microwave.

"What place?" I ask and she looks at me with an "Are you gonna keep asking questions?" stare. I smirk. She rolls her eyes.

"Of all the Italian places, he took me to the worst one." she says and I gasp sarcastically.

"He did not!" I say, putting my hands on either side of my face my jaw dropped. She rolls her eyes, getting her bowl out and taking it to the table. I sit down with her.

"We got a pizza and it was just as bad as I remembered and apparently that's one of his favourite places." she says and I smirk.

"So it sucked?" I ask and she frowns.

"No. Kind of. I had fun but the food was bad is all." she says and this time I frown.

"You can never let me have any fun." I whine. She rolls her eyes playfully.

"Hey, I'm providing you with free drama with this thing. Leave me alone." she says, snapping her fingers in a sassy manner. We share a laugh and continue to talk as she eats a second dinner.

...

Bri pov

I wake up the next morning, a message from Rafe waiting for me. I open it. 'Good morning love. I was just wondering if you wanted to do anything today. We could surf or watch a movie. Up to you.'

I roll out of bed, and go into the living room. John B, Sarah and JJ are seated on the couch, talking quietly about something.

"Morning guys." I say, my morning voice croaky. JJ chuckles.

"Morning sleepyhead." John B teases.

"Are we doing anything important today?" I ask, secretly hoping they say we are so I have a legitimate reason not to hang out with Rafe today.

"We have to get ready for John B's party this weekend but other than that, it's just gonna be a chill day at home." Sarah explains. I groan.

"What's wrong with you?" John B asks, his tone playful and sarcastic.

"Rafe wants to hang out with me today. I don't really wanna hang out today though." I grumble. JJ chuckles.

"What does he wanna do today? Take you to a museum?" he snickers.

"No he's saying that it's up to me." I say, sitting on the couch.

"Well you don't have to hang out with him." Sarah says, smiling at me. I try to hide the smile that appears on my face. I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

"Ok then I'll just stay here today." I say and they all smile at me. I take my phone out and tell Rafe that I can't hang out today maybe another day. 

"Go get ready cause we need to go to the party store." Sarah tells me. I nod and scurry back to my room. I decide to wear some denim shorts, a white tank top and my white berks. Real basic but who cares? We're going to Party City.