Chapter 3: Marchenghast

Fort Maria

Upon arriving in New Hillcrest, in Epona, Fort Maria lies near the small town. Gunnar, Kendra, Erik, and Sandra decided to leave their horses in New Hillcrest while walking up to the old fort. Not much effort has been put into the security but the front entrance was locked up tight. Gunnar moved one hand over the lock and slowly it began to melt off until the main entrance was unlocked. Gunnar pulled the doors open and let the others in first. He entered last and made sure to close the doors behind them. Together they walked through a long corridor until they reached the first level library.

"This place must be a nightmare to a person with dyslexia

"This place must be a nightmare to a person with dyslexia...", commented Erik.

"How many books are here??", Sandra asked.

"An infinite amount. To a person seeking knowledge, Fort Maria's library is a true gold mine", said Gunnar.

"So what exactly are we looking for?", asked Kendra.

"Jorvegian historical books. Anything that can tell us about King Nihili, this crest, and Marchenghast Castle", said Gunnar. "Let's split up and search. If everyone helps, the sooner we'll find what we are looking for, the faster we can move on".

"Oh boy! We will never get out of here", said Erik.

The group split up and began to search between the stacked bookshelves. One hour passed, and Erik gave up and sat down in one of the comfortable armchairs in the library. Two hours passed and Kendra joined Erik. Three hours, four hours, and five hours. Sandra and Gunnar were still looking. Kendra and Erik had fallen asleep in their armchairs. Eventually, Sandra found a book about castle and fort architecture around Jorvik. She flipped between the pages and eventually found something interesting. She held onto the book and went to look for Gunnar. When she found him, she showed the book to him.

"You should take a look at this", she said. Gunnar who was about to grab a book off a shelf, stopped and placed it back. He then grabbed the book Sandra was offering him and examined what she wanted to show him. "It's that silver human skull crest. According to that book, it was the first crest ever created for Marchenghast Castle. It was built around the 18th century. But some foundations and sections of the castle prove to be much older. Those sections are still decorated with the skull crest, while the rest of the castle is supposed to have a different crest. Since the beginning of the 21st century, Marchenghast Castle has been in the ownership of a woman named Countess Diana Of Marchenghast. The first picture is of Countess Diana and her horse Nocturna and the second is of the crest".

 The first picture is of Countess Diana and her horse Nocturna and the second is of the crest"