Reasons

"Excuse me?" The nurse asked confused.

"Well im her sister but, we havent seen eschother in years. I dont know if now is the right time." Sam said holding the rim of her shirt tightly remembering the girl face in her head, but not able to detect her face now since she hasnt seen the girl in years.

The nurse smiled "its now or never miss carpenter. Shes in a rough condition, were still trying to keep her stable but she keeps screaming for "sammy". Im assuming thats you? Big sister?" The nurse asked.

Sams face warmed up letting out a alight smile creep out of her lips. "If you could be there i think we could have a better chance of stabilizing her, you could save her." The nurse said opening the door, walking in and leaving it cracked open if sam chose to come in after all.

Before she could reach for the door handle, someone grabbed it for her. When sam looked up her face filled with anger. She grabbed the girl and forced her to stumble back, aggressively lifting her up by her shirt. Amber winced as her white shirt seeped in with red from her back.

"Son of a bitch, you let her get hurt like this?" Sam cursed aggressively at the girl. "Sam, you opened my wound, cunt." The girl stumbled out as sams face softened and she dropped the younger girl to the floor. "See her if you want but im entering that fucking door, shes my girlfriend." Amber spat at the pathetic older sister.

Sam grinded her teeth as she helped amber off the ground assisting her to the room in which tara resigned. "Im only doing this because she must love you enough to forgive your undeserving ass." Sam whispered in the girls ear which made the pale girl face her sight towards the ground as sam sat her down on a chair by the bed. Sam sat on the side of the bed waiting for the girls awakening.

After a few minutes of listening to the sound of the hospital monitors beeping, signaling that shes still breathing, they heard the girl begin to wake up. Both of them perked up to see if it was true. Amber stood up making her way to kneel down by the bed waiting for her like a little kid on Christmas eve.

When tara finally opens her eyes the first face she sees is amber, cupping her face with warm hands. Tara struggles to smile at the girl as tears flow down her face. "Im sorry I couldn't protect you tara." Amber says as tears force their way put of her eyes despite her fighting them.

"Amber, im just glad youre with me baby." Tara said placing her hand on amber's. "Im not the only one here with you though, wanna guess who i found the hard way?" Amber laughed as sam gave her the classic eyeroll. Tara turned weakly and her eyes widened as her eyes met sams sweet smile. With taras other hand she reached for samantha's, linking their hands together.

"I wouldnt have this any other way." She said smiling eyeing both of them lovingly. "Well, it would be better if we werent bonding over ghostface attacks." Amber said as she winced because of sam hitting her right after her comment. Tara laughed, she held her stomach that had a rip in it from the wound. Of course it was forcefully sewn and medicated but tara still could lose her life in that hospital bed.

After realizing who would sit by her side as she would face major surgery, she became more compliant with the nurses and the doctors. If she would ever feel her heary sink after hearing news, she would also feel both of hands being occupied by both girls hands; one in each. Knowing that the two girls who held her hands would tear the world if something wrong happened to her softened her fear if even by just a little, she felt safer.

After a few hours and tara getting sent into her surgery to remove bits of oak wood and other earthy materials that resided inside of her wound, the two now alone girls heard muffled sirens that sounded like they were coming from outside. Sams heart dropped. She walked swiftly around the bed separating the two and kneeled down. "You know i would never ask for anything amber." The pleading girl said looking up at her. Amber with a confused face remained silent for the older girl to continue and get to her point. "I need you to hide me from the cops outside." She said in a low tone. Ambers eyes widened. "What the hell no-" amber said crossing her arms. "Please! Think of tara. Think of her face when she realizes im gone, and even better if im in a cell!" Sam yelled at her silently while gripping her hands. Amber looked down at the grip but didnt tear away from it. She sat in silence for a bit before letting out a big sigh. "Come on. We dont have long." Amber said getting up and running to open a closet in the hospital room, then she opened a cabinet underneath the sink. "Pick your poison and fast." Amber said with one hand on her hip. Her first option was a confined skinny closet that sat awkwardly in the room. It was perfectly suspicious, but did the job perfectly. Her second option was a two parted cabinet under the sink. She could fit if she really pushed hard enough into an uncomfortable position. But it was unexpected and unusually not filled with cleaning products. She cursed softly under her breath as she slithered into the cabinets under the sink. She grunted but managed to fit herself in pretty comfortably as well managing to avoid the sink pipes stabbing into her. Amber closed her in and sat back down. A few seconds later she found out that sam was in fact telling the truth about the cops. They came in head first with questions, a question in specific.

"Do you know anything about the runaway samantha carpenter?" The male cop spoke in a slightly worried tone.