하나

"When are you coming home?" The young girl sighed as she replied into the phone, an exhausted expression on her face

   "I'm still at school. I'll be there before dinner." She grumbled, her mother just as lethargic as her on the other end.

   "Okay, be quick."

   "Hmm." She hung up.

   After numerous hours of studying and playing detective in the library, she was ready to face plant where ever and snooze away. She had skipped cram school upon her mother's request, the older woman wanting to spend a bit of time together as her schedule had opened up after an incident at work. As the younger girl had chewed her ear off when she sneaked off to work at noon, she wasn't going to let her forced upon free time go in wain. The thought of her precious mother made the girl smile and pick up her pace, wanting nothing more than to eat dinner and snuggle till she fell asleep.

   That was until a wobbly figure of a boy running into the school gymnasium caught her eye. In any other case, she would have turned a blind eye, carry on with whatever she was doing. She wasn't a big fan of getting caught up in other people's problems. It was heartless, but she just didn't care. Despite her messed up morals, her actions were different this time. Because she recognized the boy who limped into the gym and disappeared behind the doors. Before she knew it, she was wide awake, her legs moving faster than her mind could comprehend.

'So Mun'

   By the time she swung the doors open and ran inside, Mun was on the floor, unmoving, as Ungmin cried for him to wake up. The three bullies who she recognized to be Hyeoku and his two sidekicks, turned around at the sound of the doors slamming open and she scoffed as their attention fell on her.

   "Raon?" Hyeoku muttered, squinting his eyes to see clearly in the dark gym. "What are you doing here?"

   "I could ask you the same thing," She glared at him, shaking hands balling into fists at her sides. She wanted nothing to do with the boy in front of her, but fate had different plans it seems. "But then again, this must be just another Friday night for you."

   "Why do these bitches always interrupt, yah come here." One of Hyeoku's 'friends' gestured for her to come closer as she readied to defend herself. She knew she could knock them out cold in a few seconds maximum but she had to hold back. Hyeoku held out a hand, stopping the boy from coming at her.

   "This is none of your business, get out." Hyeoku demanded, an angered look on his face. "You never bothered us before, why are you interfering when this gimp is involved?!"

   The last bit of patience she held onto snapped as she ran at them, eyes filled with pure hatred. The thought of Mun getting bullied or teased because of his leg was something that bothered her at first when she'd met him again. But when his two friends seemed to protect him well, she didn't mind it much. She thought maybe the bullies didn't notice him just like everyone else. And right now, she didn't know how he managed to get into trouble with Hyeoku but she wasn't about let him get beaten around by them.