여섯

The sound of the bell ringing as the door opened, made Ms. Chu and Motak look up towards the door. A familiar black-haired girl walked in, a grimace on her usually dull face. When she saw them looking at her, she gave them a small bow of her head, walking up to them as she sat next to Ms. Chu.

   "I thought you were supposed to be released tomorrow?" Ms. Chu asked, worry clear in her tone as her eyes ran over her figure trying to discern any discomfort.

   "I feel fine so I got released early." She shivered as she thought of what lead her to leaving the hospital as soon as possible. "Ms. Chu, you outdid yourself healing me, I feel like an entirely new person now."

   She smiled remembering how she had stood up for her in front of the mean spirits in Yung. The older woman had earned a soft spot in her heart and she could feel herself loosening around the team. Ms. Chu laughed, making a comment about not getting hurt again and then went back to the papers in her hands.

  She curiously looked over what the two adults were doing with papers scattered around the table. She picked one up, a hum leaving her lips as she inspected it just like Ms. Chu was doing while Motak kept watching something on his phone.

   "What's all this?" She asked, pulling more papers towards her.

   "A case he worked on seven years ago." Ms. Chu answered, referring to Motak who was too preoccupied to answer.

   "Ahjussi?" She looked over in disbelief. Motak smiled bittersweetly as he looked at her.

   "Hmm, I used to be a detective too you see. Just like your Eomma and Mun's parents."

   "Did you work with Mun's parents?" She asked, shocking both Ms. Chu and Motak. She glanced and them shrugging. "I mean, you both got into an accident on the same day, right? There has to be some connection between you two. You could be colleagues, or assigned to the same case or something."

   "No, I worked at Jungjin police station." Raon gasped, her face lightening up.

   "My Eomma works there too."

   "Really? What's your mother's name?"

   "Yeonggwang Villa, Dongnam Mart?" A hand was placed on the back of Raon's chair as a girl leaned over her shoulder to look at the papers in her hand. "It's Wolhwa-dong."

   "Oh, you know this neighborhood?" Motak asked, but got no reply from Hana. She instead took a few papers from the table in her hands and continued to skim through them.

   "What is this?" She asked.

   "Motak ahjusshi worked on this case before he fell into the coma." Raon answered, handing her the papers she was holding. Hana hummed, taking them in her hands and she flipped through the papers.

   "You found it?" It was like a moment of eureka fell on Motak as he got up, his phone in hand.

   "Ah, we can use this." He started. "This is the phone I had when I got attacked. You can see my past through this, right? You can see who wacked me."

   Even Ms. Chu looked at her curiously for an answer.

   "No, it won't work because your memory is gone." Hana answered dismissively. Looking at his confused expression, Raon decided to clarify.

   "In other words, there's no data to read." She explained. "Once you remember even a little bit, it might be possible but right now, ya know." Motak sighed as he sat back down at his seat, disappointed.

   "Is this a homicide case?" Hana questioned, slightly sitting on the table, right next to Raon as they looked through the same papers.

   "I think it is. It's been years and there hasn't been any sign of her." Raon mumbled.