Chapter Thirteen: What does he Have That I dont?

I woke up on the plane with my head on C.C.'s shoulder, I sat up and he smiled he got his arm from out and around me, he cleared his throat "We are landing, Melly" he said, and I straightened up fixing my hair and clothes, Cheap Trick shirt, jeans, and black cowgirl boots.
We got off the plane and went to a car the guys rented us, a Ford truck, I laughed "Wonderful," I said as I put the stuff in the back of the truck and climbed up front as C.C. crunk the truck up, we cruised into town, seeing farms and everything.
We pulled up at a old house and I got out, and rN up to the door as it opened, Maw Mae came out and we collided in a hug, when I pulled back I got a good look, she was finally letting her hair go full gray even though it looked like salt and pepper, she wore a purple tank top and white jeans, and pink tennis shoes, she hugged me "Amelia, gosh your growing up on me" she looked behind me "This must be C.C." she said as we walked towards him, I helped him with unloading everything.
As C.C. talked to grams I tried to grab everything, and balanced them in my arms, I couldn't catch my suitcase, and it fell, C.C. caught it and smiled up at me, he got up and grabbed suitcases from me, we held eye contact for a second and I blinked and looked at grams who said "You know your room Mel Bear."
I smiled and we walked upstairs, when I walked in the door I dumped it on the ground ran and flopped on my black bed, C.C. followed suit and laughed he smiled at me "Whens dinner" he asked, I snorted "Pig." He smiled "Oink Oink" he said, I shoved him off the bed and laughed "You like Rikki, too easy to shove" I said, he narrowed his eyes up at me and laughed.
I smiled "I might as well give you the tour" I said, and jumped up I grabbed his hand "Come on" I said, tugging him, he frowned "Bug, the floor was comfortable."
"The living room, kitchen, and dining room" i said, as I opened doors, then went down the hall "Maw Mae's bedroom, and hall closet" I walked out the back door, and sighed at the fresh air, I smiled "Patio set, in red of course, and the pool" the pool was awesome, in ground and looked like it had a waterfall falling down the side and over rocks. I tugged his hand "Other bedroom, and my bathroom" I said, he smiled as I went to my bag and grabbed a pair of clean clothes, I nodded "Thats the house, I am gonna take a shower, be right out."
When Gram called us down for dinner I wore pink pants, a aerosmith shirt, bolts and a headband, I sat across from C.C. who wore black jeans, a black shirt and a top hat, I made a face at him as Grams sat at the head she smiled "How is Bret?" She asked, I sighed "We broke up." I said, she nodded "Saw it coming. Now is C.C. the new guy?" She asked.
My face turned red "Grams" I hissed, C.C. looked down at his plate and said "Not yet."
I laughed awkwardly and cleared my throat "Grams this food is even better than last time" I said, she looked at me. "Amelia Marie, can't you see right here that this boy likes you?" She said, I froze and looked at her. C.C. frowned.
Silence filled the room, then I pushed away from the table "Excuse me" I said and walked upstairs, footsteps followed me, and a hand turned me around slamming me against the wall, blue eyes looked into mine and he frowned "Melly, I like you okay" he whispered "And if you could please just not worry this one weekend."
I looked at him "Why-" he hesitated, but said "No Bret, no Rikki, No Bobby, No worries, just get your mind right, please relax for our sake?" He sighed "Please, just this one weekend."
I smiled and sighed "Thats the least I can do" I said, he smiled and pecked my cheek before grabbing my hand, he played with my ring "Lets go finish our dinner, besides I like Maw Mae's stories."
I made a face as he pulled me along back to the kitchen and thought: might as well do this for him, for the guys too I sighed and started eating.

After we ate, Maw Mae said she had to go to the store "Well, food is in the fridge, don't throw any parties, I am right down the road at Kate's if you need me, and don't have to much fun" she said, I rolled my eyes and C.C. laughed, after she left, I started heading upstairs.
"Where are you heading?!" He yelled, I smirked and yelled back "Changing. Then the pool!" I shut my bedroom door and drug out my old bathing suit she always kept here for me, black with pink at the top like a ruffle, the bikini and bottoms still fit, it was swimming shorts thought, I hate bikini bottoms.
I got out and went to the hall closet and got a towel, I walked out to the pool and put down my towel, I jumped in and came back up I shook hair from my face and saw C.C. clapping he smiled "A nine" he yelled, he wore black and blue swimming trunks, and a blue button up, I tilted my head to the side and smirked, the started floating on my back I glanced over and saw him taking his shirt off, I laughed he looked at me I smirked.
"And he finally wears no shirt" I joked, he shot me the bird. Then jumped in, he popped up beside me and shook his hair like a dog, I smiled "Your like a dog" I said, he smiled "Thought I was a pig though?" He said, and I shook my head and started floating.
He dived underwater, bad thing. I can't see where he is, I stopped and looked around, and felt something grip my leg the only words I got out was "What the he-" before he pulled me underwater.
I came back up splashing. He laughed as I hit him "Asshole" I said, he grabbed my arms and held them at my sides "Amelia" he said. I gave him a confused look as he sighed.
"To hell with it" and kissed me, it wasn't like that one where he done it to piss off Bret, he kissed me roughly, if he wasn't holding me tight I would fall down, I kissed back which surprised me, his hand found it's way to the bottom of my back, and he laid his hands on my back as he kissed he pulled away, and leaned his head on my forehead "I-im sorry" he whispered, and pulled away, he walked to the other side of the pool, and I justbstood there watching him.
I gulped "C.C.-"
"I don't want to ruin our friendship, then I see you smiling and I just-" he sighed, and looked at me with this pitiful look and said "I'm really sorry."
"Its okay C.C." I said "It was just a in the moment thing, right?" I asked. He nodded and bit his lip, then chuckled "At least I don't have to worry about Bret kicking my ass."
"No, you got to worry about me kicking your arse."
Then he sighed "What does he have that I don't?" He asked.
I looked at him, then walked towards him, I took his hand and played with it then looked up at him "More like. What do you have that he doesn't. He don't have any manners, or a heart like you do" I said, he smiled and hugged me.