[16] The Wedding

A/N - This chapter is long so sorry if it drags a little but I wanted to make it as special as possible because it is the wedding chapter! I hope you enjoy reading and have fun!

With her every growing bump getting bigger and bigger, Ana sat down in her wedding dress and looked in the mirror. Her hair had been styled so it was half up half down. This was the last hour of her life as a single woman, in just over an hour she was going to be marrying the love of her life, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Cristiano was dressed in a smart black suit accompanied by his best man, Marcelo. His nerves were kicking in, as he prepared his speech to the 250 guests.

"Are you nervous?" Marcelo asked as he fixed his hair, which was scraped back with hair gel so that he would look smart.

Cristiano nodded. He didn't want to be interrupted while he was writing his speech. He wanted everything to be perfect. He was marrying the love of his life and everything had to be perfect.

Ana's father Emilio entered the room and told his daughter it was time. Ana felt her stomach turn several times before she composed herself. Butterflies were going crazy in her stomach, and deep down she could not wait for it to be over.

Emilio led his daughter down the aisle, as the guests stood up. Ana looked around and saw familiar faces, letting out a big sigh of relief. She was so happy, but having the spotlight on her was daunting. As she neared the altar she noticed her husband to be standing their with his back turned. She knew he was as nervous as her.

"You look beautiful." He whispered as she stood beside him in her beautiful wedding dress.

Nothing could have ever prepared either Ana or Cristiano for the overwhelming feelings they both experienced during their wedding ceremony. They said their vows and exchanged rings before heading outside for the photographer to capture those all important moments.

The happily married couple soon partied the evening away with friends and family, Ana sipping occasionally on ice cold orange juice, due to her condition, and Cristiano drinking sparkling water.

Marcelo gave the cue a few short hours later for the groom to give his speech. Everybody gathered around to listen to Cristiano:
"Firstly, I want to thank everybody for coming to help us celebrate this beautiful day. Today I have married the most beautiful, precious woman I have ever met, and I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I'm a man of few words, so I apologise if this speech gets a little boring but I just wanted to say to my Ana blue eyes that you are by far the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I know when our beautiful bundle of joy comes that you will be the best mother to our beautiful baby. I love you so much, please don't ever forget that."

Cristiano's speech ended with cheers and claps, while newlywed Ana had tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. Her wedding day really had been everything she dreamed of and more. Her friends, her family and most of all her husband were all in the same place, she had a baby growing inside of her and now she was somebody's wife.

Ana began mingling with the crowd after her husbands speech and began talking to Cristiano's former manager, Alex Ferguson. Ana had little knowledge of this Scottish man, but she knew Cristiano looked up to him.

"So you've made an honest woman out of him?" Alex laughed, as he tapped Ana on the back.

"I think so." She smiled.

Cristiano had also invited several of his former Manchester United teammates, Wayne Rooney, Anderson and Paul Scholes. It gave Ana a chance to mingle with some of the people who helped pave Cristiano's career to what it is now, and she was thankful for that. The after party was a roaring success with the majority of the guests merry from the alcohol. The couple's first dance was 'Hero' by Enrique Iglesias, a song chosen by the wedding planner Cristina.

The guests were in awe at the chemistry between Ana and Cristiano, who for approximately four minutes, danced slowly, and never took their eyes off of one another.

Once the first dance was out of the way, Cristiano had one more surprise up his sleeve. He gathered up the remaining guests, and his new wife, ready to reveal the final surprise.

"Ana, I know you didn't want a fuss, but we are going to Hawaii."

Cristiano exclaimed excitedly, as he watched his wife's eyes glow.

Ana had always wanted to visit Hawaii.

Cristiano and Ana waved off their guests, saying goodbye and thank you for their prescence during such a blessed day. They were exhausted, but it wasn't over yet. Cristiano led Ana to a limousine which was waiting outside to take them to their plush hotel for the night. It was a five-star hotel, which had a hot tub in the room, a mini bar and a home cinema.

Ana gushed as she entered their hotel room and discovered pink, red, yellow and white rose petals scattered throughout the bedroom. Scented candles filled the air with a calming aroma, and Ana felt completely at ease.

"This is so beautiful." Ana whispered as she pulled her husband in closer to kiss him on the cheek.

"It's not over yet." He smiled.

Cristiano led Ana into the bathroom where a warm bubble bath was waiting, once again rose petals had been scattered on the water, and scented candles lit the room. Sitting at the side of the bathtub was a jewelery box, which when opened Ana discovered a necklace, which had a picture of her and Cristiano engraved with the word 'forever' underneath.

Ana's whole world had been turned upside down by this man, who up until now, made her think he couldn't be any more romantic. Cristiano outdid himself on their wedding night, providing Ana with back, neck, and leg massages, before laying down in bed with her, watching a romantic movie, playing with her long flowing hair, before making love to her, putting an end to the perfect night.

Ana woke the next morning to breakfast in bed from her new husband. Cristiano had really began to show a whole different side to him, a side up until now Ana had never seen, but she wasn't complaining.

"What is this?" Ana said, as she sat up in bed.

"Breakfast in bed for my wife." Cristiano gushed.

He had never been able to express himself the way he had wanted to Ana in fear of pushing her away, but now they were married, it was his duty to show her everyday how much he loved and cared about her.

"Thank you for the breakfast." Ana sighed, as she placed the tray out in front of her.

"You're welcome, are you okay?" Cristiano replied, worried.

Ana ran quickly to the toilet and began violently throwing up. Cristiano rushed to her side so that he could hold her hair back.

"That wasn't my cooking, was it?" Cristiano muttered, feeling guilty.

"No." Ana shook her head. "Just morning sickness, it comes and goes." She smiled, before hugging her husband.

Cristiano and Ana spent two hours cleaning the hotel rooms they spent time in front top to bottom, before heading to the airport where a member of Cristiano's entourage awaited them with their luggage.

"I can't believe we are going to Hawaii." Ana smiled as she took out her passport.

Cristiano knew that for the next ten days he was going to make the most of the uninterrupted time he had to spend with his wife, and nothing or nobody was going to spoil the occasion.