[15] Preparations

A/N - This is much longer than the previous chapter, but it's much more interesting too. Loves x

Ana was super excited. She had never really considered getting married before, but now that she was engaged she wanted the perfect wedding. She had clear ideas of what she wanted, and nothing was going to stop her. She browsed the Internet for weeks looking for the perfect wedding planner. Eventually she settled on an Italian named Cristina Crespo. She was infamous for her extravagant weddings, something Ana was keen to have.

Cristiano on the other hand didn't mind where he got married or how the wedding looked as long as he was marrying Ana.

"So is she the one?" Iker Casillas asked his teammate and friend after a strenuous team training session in a heat-stricken Madrid.

"I wouldn't have proposed if I didn't think she was the one." Cristiano replied, as he tried himself off from the shower.

His teammates were supportive because they knew they would be able to get drunk and party without getting the punishment from their boss the next day. Cristiano and Ana were planning to get married at the end of the season, to make it easier for everybody.

During preparations Ana decided to take a pregnancy test. They hadn't been trying for a baby, and since what happened before she was almost too nervous to take a test, but something in the back of her mind was telling her to take one. She rushed to the pharmacy while Cristiano was at training, and bought three separate pregnancy tests.

Back at home Ana sat on the sofa staring at the three pregnancy tests, wondering. She drank water so she could pee, and eventually with her bladder full she made her way to the toilet. She peed on the tests and waited three long minutes. Those three minutes were the longest of her life.
Eventually the time passed. Ana looked at the tests... All three read POSITIVE.
Ana couldn't believe it but she didn't want to tempt fate by calling Cristiano. She wanted to wait until she was certain. She called her doctor and requested an appointment for two days later.

~Two Days Later~
Ana's doctor confirmed that she was indeed pregnant and for a small fee Ana paid to have an ultrasound to determine how far she was into her pregnancy.
The scan determined that she was twelve weeks pregnant. She was ecstatic, after everything she had been through, she was finally marrying the man she loved, and now she was having his baby. Ana rushed home and left a voicemail on Cristiano's phone. Real Madrid were playing a league game against Getafe CF. She explained on the voicemail that he should return to their apartment immediately after the game because she had some news.

When Cristiano received the voicemail he began to worry, thinking Ana was having second thoughts about their marriage. He rushed home and was greeted by Ana who was crying uncontrollably.

"What's wrong Ana?" He asked rushing to sit beside her on the sofa.

"Cris..." She began.

"Yes."

"These are tears of joy." Ana explained.

"They are? What's happened?"

Ana couldn't bring herself to say the words. The jubilation she felt was too much for her. Instead, she handed her fiancé the three pregnancy tests, which all clearly read positive as well as a picture of the ultrasound.

Cristiano couldn't believe it.

I'm going to be a dad.

"You're pregnant?" He asked, the words struggling to leave his mouth.

Ana nodded.

Cristiano threw his arms around his fiancée and began to cry. He knew he would be a great dad, and that Ana would be the perfect mother to their child. He wanted to call everybody and celebrate, but he and Ana eventually agreed to wait a further week or two before revealing their news.

Once the shock of her pregnancy had settled into her brain, Ana once again began preparing for her wedding. She had given her wedding planner the name of about 250 guests, and was leaving the hard part to her. Ana wanted white and red at the wedding, and wasn't opting for a typical bridal dress.

"You don't want a dress? Ana's Italian wedding planner Cristina Crespo asked as they sat in her office.

Ana shook her head. "I'm thinking a suit."

"No."

Ana probably wasn't thinking straight but with her being pregnant, her bump would be a lot bigger by the time of her wedding and she wouldn't want to jeopardise anything.

"Why?" Ana asked as she sat flicking through a bridal dresses magazine.

"You cannot where a suit Ana. You're marrying a footballer, you have to look elegant and beautiful in a long flowing wedding dress."

"Maybe you're right." Ana began, looking up from the magazine. "But, I'm going to be 6 months pregnant when I'm getting married, can we get a dress that is safe?"

Ana didn't want to spread the word of her pregnancy but Cristina was planning the wedding. Cristina congratulated Ana on her pregnancy and confirmed that she could have a maternity dress designed for her in time for the wedding, although it would cost €80,000.

"I don't mind." Ana said, upon hearing the price of the dress.

With the maternity wedding dress being designed, Ana could finally breathe a sigh of relief. By the time their baby was born, Cristiano and Ana would already be a married couple.

Once the hard part of preparations was over, Ana went home and had a relaxing weekend. Cristiano was playing for Portugal in an international friendly against Germany.

Ana spent her free time browsing the Internet for baby accessories. She didn't want to go in over her head especially after what had happened last time, but she couldn't help herself.
She bought a crib, some baby clothes and some bottles.

Portugal managed to get a 2-2 draw against Germany. Cristiano called his fiancée after the game to see it everything was okay.

"I'm fine babe."

"I'll be home tomorrow Ana blue eyes, I love you."

"I love you too."

With their wedding approaching, and a newborn on the way, Ana and Cristiano had lots in store for their future.