Video Games

A/N: This is two weeks late... Sorry. Enjoy!

-------------------

"Okay, wait. You're telling me that in your world, we aren't real?"

Cecille's face heated up and she ducked her head down to be rid of all the stares she was getting. "...Yes, Kaveh. That's exactly what I said. In my world, you're part of a video game."

"What's a video game?" Nahida spoke up, her head tilted in confusion.

"It's like a technological game? Um, computers... I'm not sure how to explain it. You guys don't have that stuff here." Cecille put her fingers on her chin and sighed. What could she relate it to here to make them understand properly? "Oh! Um, the Akasha Terminal!"

"You have an Akasha Terminal in your world?" Alhaitham asked.

"No. I mean, yes, kind of? Listen, I didn't actually get to your Sumeru story quest in the game in my world yet, so I don't know a lot about it. My friend, Hannah, she is all caught up and she knows everything about your nation and you guys. She explained the Akasha terminal to me because she thought it was fascinating!" Cecille took a deep breath. "In my world, we have this thing called a computer. It has information from all around the world about all different kinds of things. Food, math, academic papers, games, writing, everything. Your Akasha was similar, right? It had information from everyone in Teyvat?"

"You're correct, except it was more exclusive, I suppose. It tapped into Irminsul's power.. Unfortunately, we had to retire it as a valid knowledge source." Nahida explained.

"Yes, well, I played Genshin Impact on one of these computers, except instead of it being big, it was a small, hand-held sized device."

"So, you... played as us? As characters?" Cyno's voice was plain, apathetic.

"Yes. Well, I had to wish for some of you. I don't have anyone except Collei, Cyno and Kaveh. I'd level you up with ascension materials, get you artifacts to make you stronger and move you around to kill Hilichurls and monsters."

"What does that even mean? What does that mean for us? Are we not real?"

"Don't be ridiculous, Kaveh. You're sitting there aren't you? Breathing, talking, touching things. You're as real as you're gonna get." Alhaitham stood up and paced behind his chair. "That doesn't matter. What really matters is, how do you exactly create or find a portal to a fictional world in a world where that kind of technology doesn't exist?"

"Wow Alhaitham, I think this is the most I've heard you talk at one time."

"Unless you have something useful to contribute to the conversation, don't talk, Cecille."

Cecille scoffed and folded her arms. She started to realize why she didn't like Alhaitham. He made her feel useless and stupid. "I understand how weird and existential crisis inducing this is for you, but I don't need your attitude. I'm just trying to get home."

"That's enough. Your arguing isn't going to help, so both of you shut up and sit down."

Cecille and Alhaitham's mouths snapped shut at Cyno's demand. Alhaitham sighed and sat down in his chair again. He gestured with his hand, giving Cyno the initiative.

Cecille surveyed the room while Cyno spoke. Honestly, the group had taken it a lot better than she thought they would. Kaveh was the more emotional one out of the group so it made sense he might've had a harder time accepting it like Alhaitham, Cyno and Nahida would. Cecille's mind wandered to Tighnari. He deserved an explanation as much as these guys did.

"Before we get any further in discussing this, I really think we should have Tighnari present. I already told him about this whole video game dilemma. He deserves an explanation."