Going Home

Bruno listened as they searched for Mirabel. He quickly sprinted into the town as the family called for her. He spots a horse and jumps on it. Moving quickly, he heads through the large crack in the mountain to the river. As Mirabel and Abuela return to the riverbank, something dark and large crashes through the wilderness in front of them. It's Bruno on the horse. Awkward and ridiculous.

"She didn't do this! She didn't do this! I gave her a vision! It was me!" He falls off the horse but then jumps back on his feet. Mirabel and Abuela stared at him, "I was like go! And she was like fttt! She only wanted to help. I... don't care what you think of me, but if you're too stubborn to, to--"

Abuela Alma embraces and kisses him, speaking in a quiet, remorseful tone, "Brunito..." Bruno is confused. He looks to Mirabel, "I feel like I missed something important." Mirabel chuckles and walks past them, "Come on..."

Abuela gives Bruno an affectionate look before taking his hand and walking after Mirabel. Mirabel climbs up on the horse. She helps Abuela, who helps Bruno.

"What - what's happening? Where are we going?" Bruno questions. Mirabel takes a deep breath, "Home." They gallop away, back towards the Encanto. Abuela and Bruno cling to her, a heroic trio returning. As they sped through the mountains, Bruno gave Abuela a quick explanation about what had happened 15 years ago.

"She's your daughter?" Abuela asks in surprise. Mirabel chuckles as Bruno nods meekly, "Yes..." Abuela looks between him and Mirabel, "Who is your mother?" Mirabel grins, "I think it's best we explain to everyone else at once."

"Yeah- I mean, yes. sounds like a plan." Bruno muttered. The kids and townspeople in town watch, awestruck, and Mirabel races through the streets. The kids see her and freak out.

Mirabel skids to a stop on the side of the ruined house. For a moment, she's taken aback by the severity of the damage, but Mirabel doesn't let it shake her confidence. As she hurries around to the front, Julieta comes running from the other side.

"Mirabel?!" Julieta runs to Mirabel, relieved that her sobrina has returned and is okay. She grasps Mirabel in a hug. "Mirabel!"

"Tia Julieta..." 

Julieta cups her face, "Ay mi amor, I was so worried... we couldn't find you." Agustin is racing up, covered in welts, "There were bees everywhere." Mirabel puts her hand on her Tio's welted face.

"I'll be okay."

"Uh... not if we don't have a house," Camilo mutters. The rest of the family look to Camilo. Félix nudges Camilo with his elbow.

"What? We don't have a house; I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house."

Mirabel walks up to the standing arch, which used to be the front door of the house. She starts singing to the family. "Look at this home, we need a new foundation/ It may seem hopeless, but we'll get by just fine."

The family begins to assemble in front of her.

"Look at this family, a glowing constellation/ So full of stars and everybody wants to shine/ But the stars don't shine, they burn/ And the constellations shift/ I think it's time you learn/ You're more than just your gift..."

Abuela walks up and through the archway, "And I'm sorry I held on too tight/ Just so afraid I'd lose you too." She beckons over the shadowy figure of Bruno and holds his hands. "The miracle is not some magic that you've got/ The miracle is you, not some gift, just you." Pepa and Julieta gasped and ran up to him.

"The miracle is you/ All of you, all of you..."

The reunited triplets hug. Camilo stares at Bruno. "Okay, so we gonna talk about Bruno?" Antonio grins, "That's Bruno."