Chapter 2: Just my Luck

Lloyd didn't sleep the best last night, so waking up was hell. His alarm was loud, waking him up so suddenly from the little sleep he was able to get. His lip was pounding, and started bleeding again, (he tended to bite his lip when he had bad dreams), so he had to clean it up again. Next, once he was dressed, he went downstairs to get breakfast, but he was out of his favorite cereal.

Groaning, he just skipped breakfast. His mom rushed him out the door, and he grabbed his stuff, and got in the car. Lloyd huffed as he watched the city pass by from the back of the car.

"You can always eat the school's breakfast." Koko suggested.

"No. The food isn't even remotely good." Lloyd said. "I can do until we go shopping."

"Well, we won't go until the weekend." Koko said, apologetically.

Lloyd sighed. "Fine. It's just three days. I'll manage."

The drive was quiet for the rest of the time. They got to the school and Lloyd and Koko went in through their separate doors. Lloyd walked to his locker and put his stuff in, and sat in front of it. He would just sit there and watch a show until it was time to get to class.

Lloyd sat quietly, watching a crime show. The school was quiet an hour before school started, so he didn't expect anyone to pass by. Until two pairs of feet stopped in front of him.

"Nice lip, loser. Where'd you get it?"

Recognizing the voice, Lloyd shot to his feet, so as not to give them an advantage with him on the ground. He shoved his phone in his pocket. "I'm sure you know where the fuck it came from." Lloyd snapped.

These two were still taller than him, so standing up didn't help much. But at least he wasn't at their feet anymore. The lower he was, the worse it could be.

Harumi laughed. "Now, why would we know anything about that?" She said with an innocent tone.

Lloyd glared. "One of you tripped me!"

"Oh did we?" Morro asked. "I don't remember."

"Did you not remember the wax either?" Lloyd said with a glare.

The two laughed. "Oh yeah. That was quite the joke, right?"

Lloyd fumed. "You call that a joke? You could have ruined my hair!" He felt like swinging punches at the siblings.

"You're just overreacting." Harumi said. "Loss of hair would be an improvement anyway."

Lloyd clenched his fists. "You're just jealous mine isn't destroyed like yours, from dying it so often!" He cared about his hair. It was something about himself he liked.

Suddenly he was slammed into his locker, he hit his head. Morro had his arm pressed across Lloyd's chest, keeping him against the lockers. He breathed in Lloyd's face. "Look here, kid. Nothing about you is special, I don't care who you are."

"Momma's boy." Harumi smiled. "We know who you are."

Lloyd looked at them with anger. Great. The one thing he didn't want. He tried to push Morro off of him, but the kid held firm. Morro raised his other hand and flicked Lloyd on the nose. Lloyd scrunched up his face.

"You best get used to this locust brain. Cause you have all year." Morro said with a threatening smirk.

Lloyd frowned. So this was going to be an all year thing. Looking up at the taller boy, Lloyd tried to swing his hand to slap him. His movements were stopped by Harumi grabbing his wrists.

Morro smiled. "Good luck fighting the two of us." Raising his free hand, still holding Lloyd against the locker, he aimed at Lloyd.

As the fist came towards him, Lloyd closed his eyes. The fist made contact with his jaw, and it exploded in pain. The shock flew up his face, and Lloyd yelped in pain. The siblings backed up and turned to walk away.