Part 1

June 1,2024
Seo Soojin, a successful engineer and Model she has been through a lot in her life, but she conquered everything she went through, even when some felt impossible to, but in life we win sole and lose some more, or at least is how it feels to her sometimes.

- Soyeon, I am going on a meeting with this new client in Busan, I might stay there for 2 days, is gonna be a couple of meeting anyways so I'll see you at dinner with your parents on Sunday.

Soojin said kissing Soyeon's cheek and Soyeon just waved at her going back to work, they stablished a small company together to feel more familiar as they have been Friends for over 12 years.

Soojin gets into her car and sets her gps to the location given to her by the mysterious client which she was getting ready to be some old dude with a lot of
Money to burn as she was given the freedom of deciding how to go with this project fully.

Busan 5 hours later

Soojin was very well aware she was late and she was holding on her things for dear life as she was almost running
- Hey! Hold up no need to run...

That voice, Soojin knew that voice but it has been a long time she has heard this voice making her stop in her tracks, she turned around and gulped, there she was Yeh Shuhua, history repeats itself... Same city, same person just not the same feelings,or at least is what she tells herself.

- Are you Seo Soojin?
Shuhua asked making Soojin confused.

- Ah... Yes, but I am later for a meeting, catch up later...

Shuhua was now the one confused.

- The meeting would be with me, my assistant contacted you about a new building I am planning to build.

Soojin was straight up confused on the way Shuhua was speaking to her, sounded indifferent, sounded distant, sounded unknown, but if this is how Shuhua wants to play so will she.
- Oh, Well, nice to meet you. I apologize for being late...

- No need to apologize I know how traffic is sometimes specially from Seoul. Please follow me to my office.

Shuhua guided Soojin to the elevator and Soojin was still trying to process what was happening.

- Oh, I am Shuhua.
As if they did not know each other well Shuhua introduced herself, Soojin put up a smile and looked up at Shuhua.

- Nice to meet you, Shuhua.

Once both were at Shuhua's office they started their meeting,

Busan 8:58PM

- So I guess that's all for today, I'll be meeting with the team tomorrow to discuss and I guess I'll see you again at the site.

Soojin said with a polite smile, Shuhua nodded getting up from her chair, Soojin did the same and shook Shuhua's hand.

- Yes, I'll see you tomorrow.

Shuhua said and her phone rang she looked at the screen and smiled.m
- I need to take that.
- No Problem, I'll be out.

Soojin left the office and took a deep breath, the urge to cry was taking over her, she went to the elevator holding those tears like she never thought she would have to before, once she sat in her car she let herself cry, holding on to the steering wheel she cried in silence.

13 years ago, Seoul.

- Do you like this?
Soojin pointed to some sweets on display and Shuhua denied shaking her head.

- Hmm, what should I choose for you...
Soojin was trying her best at this point while she looked around.

- Soojin!
Yuqi's voice became present making Soojin smile.

- Hey Yuqi!
Soojin looked at her friend and then she remembered.

- Oh, Yuqi... Please this is Shuhua the new Student and she speaks mandarin so please please help me to know what she likes I've been trying to communicate but I suck at it and she seems hungry.

Soojin giggled and so did Yuqi that switched to Mandarin in the speed of light.

- Hi, I am Yuqi, nice to meet you. There's a menu with some Chinese food, do you want to get some ?

Shuhua smiles finally feeling comfortable.

- Yes, please.

Soojin sighs in relief and Yuqi helped both out.
Since that day Soojin dedicated herself to learn a little of Shuhua's language and also teach her some.
Until they became best friends, until they fell in love.

Busan present time, Soojin's Hotel.

After a hot shower and a good cry Soojin was now sitting quietly looking at her laptop, her head was not right she kept on thinking why would Shuhua forget her and how could Shuhua forget her, Soojin was so focused on the thought that she couldn't hear her own phone ringing and when she looked Soyeon's name was showing.

- Hey!

- The whole damn day you said NOTHING!
Soyeon said out loud.

- Yo Calm down... I just was too busy.

- FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND?
- It's her...
Soojin said
- Wait... What?
- It's Shuhua... The Client is Shuhua...

The silent between both spoke louder than it should, Soojin looked down and then she closed her laptop.

- I need to sleep, I'll call you tomorrow morning I promise.

- You better, we need to talk.

Soyeon hang ups her phone before Soojin could say anything else.

Busan 9:43 Am

- Yes, I know I had no choice is just... I didn't know who it was...

- We are going to have a face to face conversation, I'll be going to Busan tomorrow.

- Oh,Hey Soojin!
Soojin was taken away from her call when she head one of her partners in the project call her.

- Oh, Hey Miyeon, sorry I was on an important call.

Soojin says hanging up her call with Soyeon and making her way to the room.

- So, What are we thinking?
Soojin asked.

- Well we have a lot of land to cover, it has to be high-end and functional.

- Is a big apartment project for sure, Is alright, let's start the meeting then.

Busan, 9:35 pm
- Thank You guys, talk to you guys tomorrow stay safe.

- Bye, Soojin.
Miyein says and Soojin walks to her car when she sees Shuhua looking at her phone and looking around.

- Waiting on someone?
Shuhua looks at Soojin quickly.

- Oh, Hey... Yes but for some reason they are not answering.

- Do you want a lift?
Soon asked.

- Are you sure, I don't want to cause trouble.

- Yes, is all good.
Soojin guided Shuhua to her car and once they both entered Soojin looked at Shuhua.

- You can type your address.

Soojin continued, Shuhua typed her address and silently thanked Soojin.

" Oh, You still living there..."
Soojin thought and started the car, it wasn't a long journey, but to Soojin it did felt like it took her years and it was painful, but will these next 3 years of construction be painful or rewarding?