End of Contract

inside the northland bank, there is signora, childe and zhongli.

Childe: you call this cooperation between harbingers? *frowns*

Signora: *chuckles* don't take it heart, childe. besides, you never told me about your deal with him. that makes we're even, don't you think?

Childe: huh, alright...

suddenly, the door opened as aether and paimon entered the northland bank.

Signora: ohh? *raises eyebrow* it seems that some of your friends have arrived.

Paimon: childe! wait, there is zhongli too! and... *turn her gaze toward signora*

immediately the room tensed up as aether entered a fighting stance, while staring at the signora.

Aether: signora!

Signora: haha, it's you two... i believe we've met once before... *smirk*

Paimon: grrr!

Signora: in the city of bards, was it? *chuckles* i'm glad you still remember my name *smirk* it must have been rather hard to forget watching helplessly as something precious was snatched away from your friend

Aether: *breathes in* calm down....

as paimon glance at aether, she then went to him and gives him some word.

Paimon: don't let her get to you, aether...

Aether: *clears throat* thanks...

Signora: ohh? do you want to get revenge? come here... if you want to take it back *provoke*

Paimon: eh? why should we? venti already have a ne-mpphm!

Aether: ahahaha... yeah, just wait... i will! *awkward smile*

before her mouth caused trouble, aether quickly took action as paimon was currently unable to speak due to her mouth being cover by aether's hands.

Paimon: mphhm!? hmpph!

Aether: shut your mouth for a little, will you? *whisper*

Paimon: mphp... *nod*

find it amusing, signora just turn her back and walk to zhongli.

Signora: you remember the agreement, morax. now, if you would be so kind... the gnosis, please...

Aether: agreement? gnosis?

Paimon: what in the world are you talking about!?

zhongli just stay quiet until he takes out a gnosis. a chess-like piece that said to have a power to interfere with how the world works. :^

their eyes widened in surprised upon seeing the gnosis.

Paimon: why!?

Zhongli: the contract is fulfilled. that which thou seeketh is now bestowed unto thee, for my promise is solid as stone. *gives the gnosis*

Aether: *looks at paimon* i mean... i did have my suspicions...

Paimon: paimon doesn't understand, why give the gnosis to the fatui!?

Zhongli: i do not give it for free. i give it as agreed upon in the contract... for it is a matter solely between the tsaritsa and i.

Aether: why did you feign your own death, then?

Paimon: yeah, you don't think you went a little bit too far with that whole fake death thing!? everyone was preparing the ceremony for you when splat, this big dragon falls out of the sky and all of Liyue goes into an uproar. talk about a disaster! *pouts*