Ch.15

—Shinazugawa Pov—
I woke up due to the ear piercing screeches of my crow, I groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair. Was there a meeting today? We haven't had a meeting in like...awhile. I tiredly got up an changed into my uniform, I hadn't heard Tomiokas crow say anything about a mission. I guess I hadn't heard it.

5 Minutes later and I was debating on whether or not to ask Tomioka about the meeting.

I decided not to, blaming it on me being tired.

— • —

When I arrived at the meeting, only I was there? Himejima is normally the first here? Weird...

The place looked darker and older, had something happened?

All of the sudden, the ground started to shake, rapidly turning to dust and crumbling apart. In an instant, the ground swallowed me whole. It felt like I was pushed in a deep pond of sorrowful dread.

The dread wrapping itself tightly around me. It felt as though I was suffocating, suffocating on the dread, the fear of losing them, losing the future that could never happen.

The kid, Tomioka. That could never be a real thing, defeating Kibutsuji Muzan, the demon slayer mark. It was all one big crash in my delusions. The truth was resurfacing, I can't change it. The day the fight against Kibutsuji Muzan happens is the day the future settles.

Kukichi will be alone, Tomioka and I...could more than possibly be dead.

I woke in an instant, my skin covered in a layer of sweat.

It...wasn't real.

I took a deep breath, tears pooling at my eye lids, threatening to fall.

The dream wasn't real...the truth was.

My fingers started trembling, as my breathing got heavier and unsteady. Salty tears slowly sliding down my face. I don't want that ending.

I sat there in silence, slowly regrouping my thoughts, when Kukichi bursted in my room. "Papa..? What wrong..?" She asked while attempting to climb onto my bed. "It's nothing," I picked the kid up and put her on my lap. "Nothing at all..." I hummed.

She hugged my arm, while looking up at me. "I don't like it when you're sad..." "I'm not sad," I forced a smile. "Is Tomioka awake?" I said, changing the subject. "Papa is still sleeping..." "Alright."

— • —

                           —Tomioka Pov—
"Are you alright, Shinazugawa?" He had been acting...weird all day today. "I-I'm fine," Liar, you never stutter. "I'm fine, Tomioka, just tired." He said while rubbing his eyes. "You should sleep then, it'll wash away whatever you're thinking about."

Shinazugawa glared at me before giving up his facade. He heavily sighed before continuing, "Tomioka..." He slid to the ground, burying his head in his knees. "Tomioka I can't lose you or Kukichi." His voice got raspy as his nails dug into his arms.

"You know what I mean, Tomioka." He paused, taking a deep breath. "I'm not ready for it, I like how everything is...and I don't want to lose it."

                         —Shinazugawa Pov—
I don't know why I spilled, it was just to much. I couldn't keep it all contained. I was starting feel tears nagg at my eyes, I weakly stood up. Unable to look Tomioka in the eyes after spilling all my thoughts, I just...wrapped myself around him.

"I'm sorry...for everything I did before. I was a dumbfuck who didn't know how to control my emotions."

Does this chapter suck? Yes. Did I have any idea what to do for this chapter? No.
Did I do my best? Yeah-  🫃