Chapter 5: Gift Exchange

The day afterwards didn't go very well, your husband was furious and you were full of wrath. He yelled, you yelled, he hit you and hit you and you clawed at him. Luckily for you, he had been sexually satisfied the night prior so he didn't need anything from you for some time, hopefully. You weren't going to-... you definitely needed to get yourself tested.

And that's exactly what you did with Bratty and Catty by your side. The test results came out relatively clean, nothing that couldn't be cured. Is... this why he moved here in the first place!? So he could be closer to his fuckbuddies!? That absolute-! You weren't letting your husband anywhere near your body anymore. He could get his needs fulfilled by his fuckbuddies. He could have at least cheated on you with a Monster or two so you didn't have to get anything from it... you laughed at the obscenity of it.

"Sweetheart? Are you okay?" Catty asked as you were staring at the cup of tea in your hands. Catty and Bratty had given you a safe space with them. "Yeah just... I want a divorce" You sighed, you had wanted a divorce for years. "Get those shackles off!" Bratty gave you a toothy but kind smile as she draped a blanket over you. You simply nodded, you soon would.

You'll wait after Christmas... where your family would be gathered around and you could drop the news then. You didn't want to ruin Christmas for anyone but you didn't visit family often and you rather not be stuck with your asshole husband for longer than you needed to any longer.

× -----✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ - ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯----- ×

You had avoided your husband for a while now... but sooner or later, you had to go back home and that's what you were doing... begrudgingly. You couldn't stay with Catty and Bratty, not until Christmas was over and you were back home packing your shit to move away from that house.

You opened the door quietly and closed it just as carefully in case your husband was awake. You sneaked towards the kitchen but looked around before walking in. At the kitchen table you saw... was that..? "Scamp?" You spoke silently and it squeaked in response.

"What are you doing here? Cheese?" You asked, keeping your voice hushed. Scamp shook their little head. They didn't want cheese!? "Oh? Why-" You were about to ask, not that you would get a verbal answer but something cut you off as you heard footsteps from behind you.

"Y/N? Is that you?" You turned around to be faced with your husband, he was only 5 meters away leaning into the door frame. "Charles!" You called out with a sweet voice, it was sickeningly sweet but it was what he liked.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Right, you had to explain yourself as you hadn't come home for a few days without say anything to him. "I... was with friends?" You tried but he only scowled at that, there was no pleasing him now it seems.

"Are you cheating?" Were you-!? Oh how rich! You had to hold in a laugh, your rage bubbling up. "Me!? You're accusing me of-... No, I haven't" You held it in, bottled it up til you could safely release it or ignore it until it explodes. He strode up to you, dangerously close. "Yeah what a bunch of bullshit" He slammed your head onto the dinner table before lifting you up by your hair again.

"From now on, you're staying home like always got it?" He hissed towards you angrily... you couldn't wait to divorce his ass. "Y-yes" You kept yourself... submissive for now so he couldn't see your plan coming until it punched him in the face, heh.

"Is... that a rat? Disgusting" You looked towards Scamp who was still on the table as it looked quite shocked at the entire situation. How could a mouse even look stunned!? "No! Dont-! Don't hurt it!" You could sense your husband was about to grab for them as they were frozen in place. You pushed him back and grabbed Scamp before he could, safely tucking them away in your hands.