sacrifice

It seems his friends succeed in getting backup, because Loki ends up meeting a few new faces over the next couple of days.

He doesn't know the man that accompanies the two Natashas to his room. As far as he can remember, he's not familiar with him. He does appreciate that his head is so bizarrely half-shaven, though, with only one strange strip of longer hair down the middle. It's comforting to know that he's not the only one with a bad haircut.

The man doesn't show much emotion, so Loki tries to lighten the mood with a small smile, a silent it's nice to meet you of sorts.

The man just looks at him.

And looks at him.

And looks at him some more.

And Loki's smile starts to fade as the situation grows more and more uncomfortable.

Until finally, he says, "You're right. He looks like shit."

Original Natasha smacks him on the shoulder. "Clint!"

Loki takes to the Atari to respond.

H

E

S

R

I

G

H

T

That gets a slight grin out of this new friend – Clint, apparently. Loki gives him a small wave, and Clint responds with a nod of acknowledgement.

"Do you know who Clint is?" Original Natasha asks the god.

Loki shakes his head, and the room gets a little spinny. It doesn't do that all the time anymore. He suspects the dizziness is a sign that he needs more to drink, but when Thor's not here, he never feels comfortable asking.

"He worked for SHIELD," she tells him.

"He's one of the agents Hank Pym killed," the other Natasha adds.

Original Natasha and Clint both stare at her.

"I'm one of the what?" Clint asks, incredulous.

"Apparently, it was whole thing," New Natasha says, waving that off. "I don't know. I wasn't there."

Loki looks at him for a few moments. He's one of the agents? There weren't many of those; not that he heard of. Is this...?

He begins typing again.

A

R

C

H

E

R

"Yeah, I'm..." Clint eyes the screen uncomfortably. "I'm an archer."

Loki deletes the message and starts again.

K

I

L

L

E

D

T

H

O

R

He looks at New Natasha curiously. This is him, then, isn't it? This is the man who killed his brother.

"No," Clint says immediately. "No, I did not kill Thor. Thor is in the other room and very much alive."