Hanging Out, chapter 2

It was Monday night, when Cove went and asked his parents if he could hang out with his friend on Wednesday

𝘾𝙤𝙫𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I got home after school and went to ask if I could hang out with Katie on Wednesday, I didn't know what my parents would say but I knew I needed to ask so I could hang out with her. "Welcome home Honey" my Mom said when I walked in. "Hey Mom" I said walking into the kitchen, "what's for dinner?" I asked. "Were having hamburgers!" my Mom answered happily. My Dad walked in. "Smells good in here." He said putting his work stuff down on the table. soon after we were all sitting down at the table and I figured there was no better time to ask then right now. "Hey Mom and Dad I have a question for you guys" I said feeling a bit weird asking if I could hang out with Katie for some reason. "What is it honey?" My Mom answered. "Can I hang out with my friend on Wednesday?" I asked feeling unsure of their response, cause they never let me hang out with anyone before. "Who's your friend?" My dad asked. Giving me a mini panic attack. I was hoping they wouldn't ask me, cause if they didn't let me hang out with my guy friends before then why would they let me hang out with a girl now? "Um her name is Katie" I said feeling like Mom and Dad would say no instantly. My Dad looked at my Mom then back at me "sure I don't see why not" He said. And that reply almost sent me off guard completely. "Really? Your not joking right?" I asked. "I said yes didn't I? So no I'm not joking" My Dad said looking me dead in the eye so I would know that he meant what he was saying. I smiled and finished eating before going to do my homework.

𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

It was Tuesday morning and I was going to school, when I bumped into Cove again! I stumbled back. "I'm so sorry, I'm so clumsy" I said. I felt so stupid this is the second time I bumped into him! How could I be so clumsy?! "Its ok" He said looking at me trying not to make eye contact with me for some reason. "Hey Katie, my parents said I can hang out with you tomorrow after school!" He said, looking rather happy about it. "That's so cool! don't worry it will be tons of fun! also don't forget to bring your homework for the test!" I said making sure to remind him of his upcoming homework and letting him know we will be studying and not playing around the whole time. "Oh c'mon! I don't wanna study! I asked my parents if I could go so I could have fun not do work!" He said in a whining voice. "Too late now" I said in a teasing tone as I giggled. We got into class and everything was going great, until math class my least favorite class, I was good at it but that doesn't mean I like doing it. At last the day was over I waved to Cove in the hall and he waved back. "Hey Cove!" I said wanting to talk about what we are going to do as we hung out tomorrow. "Hey what's up Katie?" he answered back. "Well I wanted to let you know how tomorrow will be like" "Okay" he said. "Well I'll have stacks prepared and I'll try to figure out a way for us to have a fun time studying!" I said trying to make sure he knew it wouldn't just be boring stuff. "Ok, sounds fun! see you tomorrow I got to get home." He said as he waved and I waved back then he left. I decided to head home as well, and I headed home.

𝘾𝙤𝙫𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

After I got home I couldn't stop thinking about how fun tomorrow was going to be! I knew it was a day for studying but I still couldn't wait. I tossed and turned all night I could barely sleep, then finally tomorrow came and I was happier then ever to go to school today a got dressed in my school uniform and left the house. It was Wednesday morning and I would barely contain my excitement for today!