Maid Café, chapter 10

𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

It was finally the day of the festival, after all that work we did getting ready and everything  has finally come together. When I got to school Cove was already there. "Hey Katie, some of the girls are waiting for you in the dressing room." Cove said pointing towards the curtains we set up for breaks and getting dressed. "Ok, thanks." I said as i walked towards the curtains. "Hey Katie, here's your maid outfit, once you put it on we should be ready to start." After one of the girls said that and passed me a dress I put it on, and looked in the mirror and thought to myself I look amazing in this! I left the changing room and saw Cove getting the cooking stuff ready, which was just a couple of battery powered cook tops, pots and pans. "Hey Cove, how do I look?" Cove looked up at me and looked back down quickly. "You look pretty." After he said that he continued his work. 

"Thanks Cove, I'd like to think so too

"Thanks Cove, I'd like to think so too." Now that I was reassured about how I looked, I decided to go and grab some of my other things like the note pad for taking orders and stuff. The café was opening at 8:00 AM, currently it was 7:30 AM. Me and the rest of the maids got into character, we all and different roles to play, even though I was somewhat the nicest I got the sadistic role. After roles were placed it was about 7:53 AM, So things were about to happen, I asked Cove to help me get into character, and well this is how it went. "What do you want idiot." I said in my rudest tone "I'll have the rice omelet please." Cove is really being nice on this one "Wise last words." I said smirking like a crazy person as I walked away from the table. "Your pretty sadistic, its like you didn't even have to try." I wasn't sure if Cove meant that or if he was just saying that. Soon enough it was 8:00 AM and a few people came in so it was time to began, I got the first table and decided to do my best even if it felt weird to be mean to someone like this. "Hello piece of trash, are you ready for me to take your order, or do you need a few moments to cry." What the crap even was that! The guy sitting at the table looked up at me smiled and said. "I'll have some water to began with" "It'll be out in a few moments scum." I'm trying but I keep messing up the act. I got back with the water and placed it on the table, I gave my best death glare and asked. "What else do you want, if you don't order now I'll feed you to the dogs." This role was not meant for me I feel like I'm going to pass away if I keep being rude to everyone. "I'll have the rice omelet." "It'll be out when its ready, scum." After saying that I scribbled it down in my notepad and told the chefs working in the kitchen. After awhile of being rude and taking orders it was about 10:00 am, the café closed at 11:00 am. Now after working for awhile it was my turn for break. I went into our little break room and sat down, I was so tired, I stared at the celling for awhile. Breaks last for 30 minutes each so when I get off break there will only be 30 minutes left for the café to be open. About 10 minutes into my break Cove walked into the break room. "Hey Katie, I didn't know you were on break too." "Yea, I've been on break for about 10 minutes so far." Break felt like it took forever, but now that Cove is here maybe it'll go faster.

𝘾𝙤𝙫𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I was relived to find out that Katie was on break too although since I'm kitchen staff I'll only get about 10 minutes for break. "So are you having fun being sadistic?" I said with a chuckle. "What's so funny?" She said with a death glare, maybe her acting hadn't worn of yet. "Nothing really, but it seems like your still acting." Her face started to soften. "I didn't realize I was still doing it." She said giggling a little, for some reason her laughing always makes me smile, a smile crept across my face. She looked at me and smiled back. Later that day after the café closed, me and Katie walked around together through all the the other classes events and things for awhile. We did some of the events together and then it was about 4:00 pm, I suppose time passes fast when your having fun. "Hey Cove, its almost time for them to announce who had the best attraction. We should probably make our way to the ball room for the results." I suppose she was right, I really hope we win. "Your right, we should get going." I grabbed her hand and took her to the ball room with me, mostly cause I knew she didn't know where it was. "Ok Katie, we're here." Katie looked around the room before saying. "This room is bigger then I thought." There were already a lot of teens here, we tried to get closer to the place where they were announcing the winner, seems like we made it just in time. "1st place goes to...class 1A for your maid café!" After the announcer said that I looked at Katie and she was already smiling. "We won!" She said with a big smile, I couldn't help but smile too. Then the music started playing in the ball room and some of the kids started dancing, I wanted to dance too but it was kind of hard to ask... "Hey Cove, you wanna dance with me?" EHHHH?! Katie asked first? "Of course I'll dance with you Katie" I took her hand and we started to dance, neither of us had any idea what we were doing but it was still nice. After about an hour of attempted dancing we moved off the floor, it was about 5:20 pm. "Hey Cove, you wanna celebrate our victory with karaoke later?" I mean it wasn't a bad idea, "Yea sure, I'd love too, sounds like fun." "Cove your acting a little different, but I like it." After she said that we smiled and decided to go do some karaoke, so we left.