Quentin

Bucky's POV:

I'm not feeling prepared for her to see my dark side. To see the horrible things I've done, and run. I wouldn't blame her. I just need to know she's safe. Being locked up in this cage doesn't help. She's with Steve, I should feel better knowing that. But there's something in the pit of my stomach, putting me on edge. I'm strapped down. There's nothing I can do.

Steve: "you know..I gotta tell ya man..."

I hear his voice and glance up to find Steve leaning against the door.

Bucky: "Steve...you shouldn't be down here"

Steve: "I just needed to tell you...that girl of yours up there..is a spit fire" he says with a grin.

I throw my head back against the head rest of my chair, "oh no...what happened?"

Steve: "She took on Stark"

I lift my head back up to look at him, unable to hide the proud smile on my face. "What do you mean she took him on?"

Steve laughs and steps closer to the cage, grabbing a chair and taking a seat in front of me. "She put him in his place. Called him stupid...a moron...hypocrite. That one was my favorite."

My grin fell though, thinking about what Stark would have shown her. "How much did she see, Steve?"

Steve: "Everything..."

My heart broke, I closed my eyes to fight back the tears. I know she needed to know. But now...the fear of her leaving washes over me.

Steve: "Then...she proceeded to tell us that no matter what...she would spend her last breath defending you...."

This girl is crazy. But the smile on my face at hearing her words....

Steve: "And fight to show everyone...including you...how wrong you all are...about you..."

Bucky: "why would she do that?" I ask, unable to hold back the tears that fall down my cheeks.

Steve: "Because....for the first time since the 40's...someone else besides me...sees you Bucky"

I look up at him for a moment, and we both couldn't help by smile.

Steve: "Look...I don't know what Starks plan is...how long he wants to keep you in here...but that girl, sounds like she would wait however long she needs to..."

Bucky: "She's amazing...Steve. I don't deserve her" I say, grinning.

Steve: "yes Buck...you do"

Suddenly the lights start to flicker, then dim. Alarms sound, and agents begin to move.

Bucky: "what's...what's happening?"

Steve: "I don't know. Buck" he says, looking around at all of the agents.

"COMPOUND BREACH-COMPOUND BREACH"

Steve: "Shit..." I hear him mumble under his breath.

Bucky: "What the hell is this? Steve..."

Steve: "I don't know Bucky!!"

Bucky: "...where's Olivia?"

Steve looks at me confused, "upstairs, why?"

Bucky: "Steve...you all came for me in broad daylight. Lots of witnesses, cameras"

Steve: "I don't understand. What are saying?"

Bucky: "If you guys found me...and had a public take down,like you did, and anyone there video taped it and put it on the internet...others who want me dead know where I am...."