17

Two days and two nights, that's how long it has been since any of them showed me their face

Two days and two nights, that's how long it has been since any of them showed me their face. I know it is not their guilt, it's the calm before the storm. Because I know they don't care about me and my words don't matter. It was one emotional mistake.

The last time I met Norma, she mentioned going to Manhattan to visit her daughter for a couple of days. She requested me to bring flowers for Roman every Tuesday. I wouldn't have accepted the money she gave me for the flowers if I had access to my own money, but with everything that has happened, it never crossed my mind.

"Can we stop by the florist, please?" I request Ricky, he has been driving me ever since the attack.

"Sure, let me inform the guards." he says as he calls the guards following us in a different car.

We pull over at the nearby florist and I step out to get some flowers. The guards stand behind me. I pick up a rose, a sunflower, a peony, a daffodil, a daisy and a bunch of gypsies just like Norma instructed and request the florist to make a bouquet.

While she is at her work, my eyes land on a bucket full of Lily of the valley. My breath hitches as I am naturally drawn to them. I walk by the bucket and scoot down to touch the delicate petals. So many memories coursing through my mind. A happy smile tugs on my lips as I remember a nervous Ezra sitting by my side. A laugh erupts from my throat as I remember my Ezra freaking out at the mention of another boy. The sweet kisses, the proposal, the tears, us.

"How could you?" a female angry voice roars besides me and I turn my head in confusion to look at her.

My eyes widen and my smile drops as I look at the fuming face of Ezra's mother, Monica. I get up to my feet and turn to face her.

"How could you smile after destroying my family?" she accuses. The pain in her voice made her sound croaked. My heart constricted in my chest as I looked in her eyes. She is broken, shattered, just the way I am.

The guards step ahead, trying to get her away from me but I quickly shook my head not wanting to insult her.

I wanted to talk to her, tell her how sorry I was. What Ezra meant to me, how much I miss him every single day, how I am paying for my sins but nothing made past my lips.

"First you trapped my boy and then you killed him." she accused and I couldn't help but shut up because it was the truth. Even though I loved Ezra, I killed him.

"You don't deserve to laugh and smile. It's unfair to him, you took away that chance from him. You killed my son." tears fall down on my cheeks as her words hit me like bullets. She steps ahead and slaps me, the sting makes me cry harder.

Monica was heaving too, I wanted to hug her and make her feel better but her next words broke me.

"I curse you Gianna, I curse you to have a life inside you. To feel so loved that your heart is happy. I want that for you. And just when you get to hold that child, I curse you to feel the pain that I feel every single day. To feel the pain my baby felt when you snatched him away from me. I curse you that your baby dies in front of your eyes. I curse you to live in that misery for the rest of your life."