Tender Record 3

I got to the nearest test chamber with an opening and peeked into it. Surprisingly, the test subject had already made it to this chamber. She entered the chamber through its entrance just as I got to the chamber. "Yea, you made it," I said. 

This chamber should have the device the she would need to get out of the facility. 

"There should be a portal device on that podium over there," I said pointing to a small podium in the center of the test chamber. 

This device is called, a portal gun. Portal guns fire small pellets that create portals only on certain walls, floors, ceilings, etc. Only two portals can be made at a time and anything that goes into one portal comes out the other. With how the test chambers are built now, test subjects must be equipped with a portal gun to run them. 

However, once I actually looked at the podium, I realized that the portal gun wasn't there. "I can't see it though," I said. "Maybe it fell off. Go over there and have a quick look," I told the test subject. 

The test subject walked up to the podium, but it seemed that the floor which the podium was on, was made of old, delicate, and worn glass, because the moment she walked on it, it shattered and she fell down what looked like a long shaft. 

"Hello," I called down. "Can you see the portal gun?" 

I wanted to go down there, but I must stay on my management rail. 

"Also, are you alive," I asked. "I should have asked that first." 

There was no response. 

"You know what I'm going to do," I said. "I'm going to work on the assumption that your still alive and wait for you up ahead." 

With that, I made my way up to the chamber, where I could hack the test subject out of, so we could proceed to the facility exit. 

As I made my way to that chamber, I looked around and realized that everything was old and worn out. Most of the arms which construct the test chambers were not functioning. The tests that the test subject was running were in emergency test chambers. There was no other humans or any other living organism in sight. There wasn't even any other functioning robot. The test subject appeared to be the only living thing inside the facility and I was the only functioning robot. 

Have I too been shut down for a very long time? It seemed that relaxation management wasn't the only thing that malfunctioned. There must have been an accident and everyone had to evacuate the facility, but the test subject which I was helping must have been forgotten and she was left in suspension. 

I come to this conclusion, because I wasn't awoken by a person. The facility woke me up itself since there was an emergency. Have there been other functioning robots, the facility would have woke them as well and there were no other robots in sight. That, plus all of this mess, leads me the conclusion of me and the test subject being the only ones here. 

I got to the chamber which I could hack the test subject out of. I entered the chamber through a small opening in one of the walls. Once I was in the chamber, I made my way to a small receptacle on a nearby wall. I could connect myself to this receptacle to tell some slightly functioning arms to move some wall plates so that the test subject could get out. 

However, I was almost at the receptacle, but I suddenly stopped just before I got to it. I looked up and realized what was stopping me. My management rail ended.