Tender Record 18

I continued to move down the pipe. I didn't know what to do, but this pipe was moving towards GLaDOS' chamber. So that was a good start, but what could I do to get into GLaDOS chamber and not just go past it. 

Later, I felt the pipe move some and I got closer to GLaDOS' chamber. This was perfect. The test subject had already got to GLaDOS' chamber and GLaDOS was now attempting to use her neurotoxin to kill the test subject after seeing that her turrets where defective. 

The neurotoxin must have originally gone to GLaDOS' chamber through this pipe, but there would be no neurotoxin now. 

The pipe moved into GLaDOS' chamber. I would get into the chamber through this pipe. 

Once I got to the end of the pipe I shot out if it and crashed through a small glass room that GLaDOS had the test subject trapped in. 

"Hello," I said once I was on the ground. 

"I hate you so much," GLaDOS said to the test subject ignoring me. 

The test subject stepped out of the glass room through the big crack I made in it and picked me up. 

"Warning, central core is 80 percent corrupt," the announcer said. 

"That's funny," GLaDOS said. "I don't fell corrupt. In fact I fell pretty good." 

"Alternate core detected," the announcer continued. 

"Oh, that's me its talking about," I said. 

"To activate a core transfer, please deposit substitute core in the receptacle," the announcer said. 

A small receptacle came out from a trap door in the floor. 

"A core transfer," GLaDOS said surprisingly. "Oh you are so kidding me." 

A core transfer is a procedure that occurs when the main core (in this case, GLaDOS) becomes corrupted which  means that it is unable to function things in the facility. Now that GLaDOS couldn't use her good turrets or her neurotoxin she became corrupt enough for an optional core transfer. The decision was on the test subject. 

A core transfer will remove GLaDOS' head from her body and replace it with me. I would the head on GLaDOS body and be in control of the whole facility. Then I could open the elevator that would get the test subject out of the facility. 

"I got and idea," I tooled the test subject. "Do what it says. Plug me in." 

The test subject carried me and made her way to the receptacle. 

GLaDOS began to say, "Do not plug the miserable machine into my. . . " but the test subject already plugged me in before GLaDOS finished her sentence. 

"Substitute core, accepted," the announcer said. 

"Substitute core, are you ready to start the procedure," the announcer asked me. 

"Yes," I answered. 

"Corrupted core, are you ready to start the procedure," the announcer asked GLaDOS. 

"No," GLaDOS said. 

"Oh yes she is," I said attempting to not let her stop the core transfer. 

"No no no no no no no no no," GLaDOS said to make her point clear. 

"Stalemate detected," the announcer said. "Transfer procedure can not continue."