Main Core Record 5

Now that I had my lair fixed up, I decided to see how the nanobot's were doing. I called Jerry up to my lair. 

"How are you coming," I asked him. 

"We fixed the neurotoxin generator," Jerry responded grudgingly. "I lost a lot of my work crew, but we did it." 

"Excellent," I said. "How is it coming with the turret production line?" 

"Wheatley, I need more nanobots," Jerry said. "You've already sent a good majority of them to their deaths." 

"I'll give you more nanobots when I feel like there is time," I said. "I need you to get that production line to give me good turrets." 

"I can't do that with the remaining nanobots I have," Jerry said. 

"Are you kidding me," I asked. "Your able fix the neurotoxin generator in a room full of neurotoxin and your telling me that you can't simply replace one defective turret with a functioning turret?" 

"No, we can do that, but we can't get past the area where the first turret test takes place," Jerry said. "I've sent some nanobots their already and they just keep getting hit by bullets." 

"Bullets don't concern me, Jerry," I said. "I need functioning turrets. Keep sending nanobots to the production line and get to the turret control room to replace that defective turret." 

"We can't," Jerry said. "I'll run out of nanobots before we even get to the turret control room." 

"I know a test subject who got past the area where the first turret test is and she is bigger, more visible, and easier to hit," I said. 

"Well I'm sorry, I'm not that test subject," Jerry said. 

"Never mind," I said. "Just go and fix that production line." 

"Mark my words, Wheatley," Jerry said to me. "You won't stay the main core of the facility. Someone is going to disconnect you." 

"What am I worried about," I said. "There are no live people here. There are only robots." 

Jerry ignored me and went away. 

Once he left, practiced test building. I had to get used to moving many arms at once, so I could make tests chambers faster. It was actually harder than it looked. 

I ended up smashing wall plates together at first. Once I did this I thought to myself that this is deadly and might make a good defense mechanism. However, I thought that something was missing. Then I welded some sharp spikes onto the wall plates. I smashed them together again and I thought that it was perfect. I called them spike plates

After I finished the spike plates, I built my first test chamber. I had to make the tests challenging or otherwise, they would be solved to quickly. My itch will only go away for a certain amount of time after each test is complete. I longer it takes test subjects to solve the tests, the longer my itch will go away and the better I will fell after the itch. Also, the tests must be possible to solve, otherwise they wouldn't be tests. 

I built this test to try to make it as challenging as I could make it. I began by having only one single floor. On one side of the chamber, where the exit was, I had a cube dispenser over a big button on the floor. One the opposite side of the chamber, where the entrance was, I had a hand push-able button that would activate the cube dispenser. Then the cube dispenser would drop a test cube on the big button underneath it, which would open the exit. 

It was a test, but it seemed to easy. I had to do something to make it harder. I noticed a big open space in the center of the test chamber. Then I got an idea. I lowered the floor plates in the center of the chamber to create a gap between the entrance, with the hand push-able button, and the exit, with the floor button and the cube dispenser. 

However, the test was now impossible and therefore was not a test. I decided to just make quick and brief revisions to make it work. I added some portal surfaces on the walls. One on both sides of the gap. Now the test was possible. 

I was now ready to begin testing but, their was still one problem, I did not have a test subject.