[1] Before The Story [1]

SONG: Before The Story - DELTARUNE
idk what im doing. help
'Ruikasa tries to interact with each other without being an absolute mess??!1!2?1 (IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!)' -My friend
————

Rui Kamishiro was in love with Tsukasa Tenma.

That was fact. He's been aware of this for a long time- ever since the first night show they did to save the park and many of it's rides and games. That specific moment when Tsukasa turned around to look at them, smiling softly..

Oh god.

That boy was fucking beautiful.

And at that moment, Rui realized, 'I'm in love. Oh fuck.'

Now, contrary to what someone else might have thought, Rui thought that it wasn't actually too bad that he was in love. The moment he came to that realization, he had quickly grown to love the feeling and embraced it. Being in love was amazing, if the director was being completely honest. It was tiring, but it made his head do all these acrobatics at the mere sight of his crush. He was sure that he'd practically melt if he didn't have the skills to keep himself composed.

Ha, good thing Rui was an actor. Pretending everything was completely fine when in fact, his mind was thinking of one thing and one thing only: Which was Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma Tsukasa Tenma TsukasaTenmaTsukasaTenmaTsukasaTenma-

...Continuing on.

The point was, Rui loved Tsukasa.

He loved loving Tsukasa.

But there was a problem.

Said problem was.. the thought of other people not loving him loving Tsukasa.

Maybe that was a weird way to word it. What Rui was worried about was his, or, mostly Tsukasa's, reputation. Rui was notorious for being the Oddball number 2, the weirdo, the.. whatever derogatory nickname he had in the past. But Tsukasa, even though he was also an oddball (Oddball number 1 to be exact), he was also known for being a kind, caring person who never failed to bring others spirits up. He was a good person.

But.. just being friends with Tsukasa already had brought his reputation down, especially with the newer students and teachers. If Rui went so far as to date him..

What they thought of Rui didn't matter. Not to him, at least. To him, what mattered the most is what they'd think of Tsukasa.

Would they see him as even more of a weirdo? What if they started targeting him and calling him names behind his back just as what had been done to him? Rui wouldn't be able to live with it if it really was his fault that Tsukasa was an outcast.

But at the same time, Rui knew the students at Kamiyama wouldn't do that. This wasn't like junior high, the people here were better, kinder than his former classmates in his old schools. They treated both him and Tsukasa with nothing but kindness, as a normal friend would. Because of the students in Kamikou, Rui was finally able to adjust to a world where he was accepted for who he was, no matter he his hobbies and interests were shared or not.

And yet, despite that.. Rui was still scared. What if there was a side to them Rui hadn't seen yet? What if they were just playing along because they pitied him? What if they wouldn't like his future relationship with Tsukasa (unconfirmed)? What if the bullying started up again? And what if Tsukasa was the target?

Rui couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't let that happen. Ever.

"—ui? Rui!! Earth to Rui Kamishiro!!!"