10.

A/n:

We reached 10k reads!!😭❤️

I'm so happy right now that I couldn't wait till later to give you guys an update.

Since I have updated today, this week there will be no other updates, and if you guys complete the target for both chapters by next week, then I'll give an early update.

It entirely depends on you.

Vote Target: 100

________________

DHRUV'S POV:

She twirled around, she moved with such passion, and her energy was infectious and captivating. It was as if time stood still and in that fleeting moment, I felt more drawn to her.

However, when she turned her back to us again, she suddenly froze with her hands in the air. She weakly stumbled forward, but I quickly rushed to her and held her in my arms, preventing her from falling.

I smiled, feeling a sense of protectiveness as I held her in my arms. Her eyes met mine, and I couldn't help but be captivated by her vulnerability. I felt her chest rise and fall with increasing nervousness; I knew she was feeling butterflies. I liked the closeness our breaths shared.

The moment was interrupted when Jay called her name, and she tried to break free from my embrace. As I looked at her, I noticed that her cheeks had turned rosy and I wondered if it was because of me. Jay asked if she was okay, but I thought, "Didn't he see that I just saved her from falling?"

She seemed a little embarrassed that we had seen her dancing and was in her personal space. She hung her head low and asked, "How long have you all been standing here?" Jay's reply made Sameer laugh, and she threw an apron at him before walking inside the bakery.

We followed her inside and took a seat at the table to discuss business. After a while, she returned with three coffee mugs and joined us. Upon Jay's asking, she told us about a new customer who had hired her to make their wedding cake. Jay and Sameer nodded in agreement, but I remained expressionless.

After a long pause, she finally spoke up, "Is it unprofessional to feel nervous and excited before and after meeting someone?" I was taken aback by her question. She was different from other girls I had met, innocent in a good way.

I turned to face her and replied, "Different people have different opinions and expectations regarding professional behavior. Feeling nervous and excited before and after meeting someone can be seen as a sign of care, enthusiasm, and a natural human reaction. These are emotions that most people experience at some point in their professional lives. Acknowledging your feelings and using them as a source of energy and curiosity can be considered neither professional nor unprofessional, but simply human."

I turned to look at her and saw her smiling at me, which made me feel alive. However, she quickly turned away and started talking to Sameer.

After they finished their coffee, Sameer bid his goodbyes and Jay offered to help her close the bakery, despite her protests. I didn't say anything to anyone as I walked out and got into my car.

Sameer soon followed and sat in the passenger seat. I started the car and we drove off to my office. As we left the bakery, I finally spoke up and said, "What does that jerk think of himself, huh?" slamming my hands on the steering wheel.

After we left her bakery, we arrived at my office, but I was still upset with how insistent Jay was on staying and helping her, even though she declined his offer.

"Listen, you need to calm down. You don't own her. Jay has been her best friend since childhood, and they're always together. You can't just decide one day that you don't want him near her, as if she's your property. She wasn't even yours, to begin with," my best friend says earning a glare from me.