𝟑𝟓. 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥

I'm going to reduce the target from 350 votes to 310. Once it's completed, I'll update chapter 36.

───༻❁༺───

ALIA'S POV:

When I turned to look at the person I collided with, I hadn't anticipated in my wildest dreams to see his mother, Seema Aunty, and Esha visiting my bakery.

She smiled at me, and Esha stood there with her usual attractive charm.

"Hello, Alia," Seema Aunty said, moving toward me.

I was pulled out of my frozen state. "Hi, Aunty," I replied nervously, my voice wavering slightly.

Meeting his mother for the first time since... you know what... our relationship started was nerve-wracking. Thoughts raced through my mind: Would she approve of me... of us? I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, my palms beginning to sweat. I tried to steady my breathing and forced a smile.

Seema Aunty continued to smile warmly, her eyes scanning the bakery. "This place is lovely, Alia. You've done a wonderful job."

"Thank you, Aunty," I managed to say, my nerves calming just a fraction. I glanced at Esha, who gave me an encouraging nod.

"Mom's been meaning to come by for a while now," Esha said, her voice light and friendly. "But bhai has been avoiding it, so we sneaked in today," she says, winking at her last words.

"I'm glad you came," I said, feeling more at ease. "Would you both like to have something?" I gestured for them to take a seat at the table.

"Oh, no! We are here to meet you," Seema Aunty said. "Come sit with us?" She gestured at the seat next to her.

I reluctantly went and sat in the seat beside her, my nerves still on edge but buoyed by her warm demeanor.

"So, how's the bakery doing?" Seema Aunty asked.

"It's going well, Aunty. Keeping me busy," I replied with a smile.

Seema Aunty smiled. "It shows. We're proud of you, Alia."

"Thank you," I said, feeling genuinely touched.

Hearing her genuine praise made my heart swell with happiness. The warmth and sincerity in her words reassured me, melting away the last of my nervousness. This first unexpected meeting might be much better than I imagined.

As the conversation continued, Seema Aunty's expression softened further. "You know, Alia," she began, "Dhruv speaks highly of you. He seems so happy since you two got together. It's been a jot to see him so content."

My heart fluttered at her words. "He means a lot to me too."

Seema Aunty reached out and gently patted my hand. "I can see that. He's found someone very special in you, and I couldn't be happier for him. For both of you."

At the moment, Sahil and Diya, my helpful employees, arrived with trays of coffee and a selection of pastries. "Here you go, Alia," Sahil said, setting the tray down with a smile. "Thought you might need a little pick-me-up."

"Thank you," I said, grateful for their perfect timing, and introduced both of them to my visitors.

We enjoyed the coffee and pastries together, Esha chatted about her recent work trip, and Seema Aunty shared some amusing anecdotes from Dhurv's childhood that had us all laughing.

After some time, Seema Aunty glanced at her watch. "We should get going. But this has been wonderful, Alia. I'm so glad we came."

"Me too, Aunty. Thank you for visiting," I said sincerely.