18.

Vote target: 210
Comments: 35

DHRUV'S POV:

Teasing her has become my favourite pastime. Last night, as I playfully teased her, the way she got all flustered, I could imagine her face turning a deep shade of red if I were there in person-undeniably adorable.

I looked forward to seeing her today and spending the day together.

At 8, I wrapped up my gym session, feeling invigorated and ready for whatever the day had in store. The cool breeze outside seemed to carry a promise of a great day ahead, heightening my excitement. After a quick freshening up, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

As I descended, my eyes landed on Sameer, already seated at the table, thoroughly enjoying his meal. His gaze, however, shifted to me, revealing a peculiar intensity that made me momentarily uneasy. Averting the gaze, I took a seat at the table.

"You didn't return my call, why?" he asked casually, sipping on his juice.

"Was there something important?" I retorted playfully.

"Yes, I wanted to check if you weren't up to something with my sister." The revelation nearly made me choke on my coffee.

"You think I'd do anything to her?" I questioned, a mix of surprise and disbelief evident in my voice.

"No, you wouldn't, but what's wrong with asking?" he said with a smirk. In response, I tossed a napkin playfully in his direction. As he flicked the napkin in the air, he asked me, "And what's your plan for the party?"

"I've secured reliable assistance for the party," I replied. He shot me a confused look and asked, "But don't you usually handle everything internally?"

"Yes, but the person I asked for help is very trustworthy and practically family," I said, leaning in and whispering the last part. "Who?" he asked, puzzled.

I smiled and rose from the chair, ready to leave. Simultaneously, he stood, blocking my way. "Don't tell me she's the one helping you with the party?" he questioned.

"Okay, I won't," I replied, casually shrugging my shoulders, and making my exit from the dining hall.

Today is Christmas, so there's a holiday. However, before heading to meet her, I aim to wrap up all my tasks.

While replying to some emails in my study room, the door opened, and Sameer walked in with a magazine in one hand and what appeared to be a fruit salad in the other.

He looked at me and said, "I was getting bored, so I thought I'd get rid of my boredom by looking at you."

I sometimes wonder if I keep fools as my friends will he alleviate his boredom just by looking at my face? Oh!

He was being sarcastic.

"Sure," I scoffed in response.

Another 15 minutes or so passed. I replied to a couple more emails and checked out a few project details, but Sameer kept fidgeting with his position on the couch, reading a magazine and munching his salad.

As his curiosity peaked, he voiced out, "How and when did you ask her for help?"

I could tell he stayed back to uncover how I proceeded in my efforts to win her over. And he just did that.

"I didn't," I retorted playfully, aware of my foolish actions to involve her. Sameer still seemed puzzled by my response, so I moved from the chair to the couch beside him, narrating how I went about getting her to offer her help.