Chapter 2

You let out a frustrated groan as you struggled to retrieve a small retractable knife from a concealed fold in your haori, near your left hand

You let out a frustrated groan as you struggled to retrieve a small retractable knife from a concealed fold in your haori, near your left hand. The blade, a trusty companion which had bailed you out of numerous tight spots in the past, was your lifeline now. If this attempt of retrieving it failed, you'd have to resort to plan B for your escape.

"You've been at it for the past half-hour," Zoro remarked, observing your efforts. You turned your head to meet his gaze but remained silent.

Refocusing on the task at hand, you continued trying to maneuver the knife out your sleeves to cut your restraints, but it was slow progress, and your wrists were already growing sore.

"Give it a rest. You're getting nowhere like that," Zoro opened his mouth once more. Still, you paid him no heed.

Zoro then let out a sigh, hearing your grunts of frustration as you struggled for a few more minutes. "Still as stubborn as ever. You haven't changed a bit," he mumbled under his breath, though you caught his comment. "Except you've improved your swordsmanship."

Your head snapped in his direction, eyes widening with realization that he did remember you.

"We don't talk about those days," you sighed. "But I'm surprised you still remember me."

Silence settled between you two now after that short conversation. You lowered your gaze to the ground and closed your eyes, basking in the moment of peace which was soon ruined by approaching footsteps. An annoyingly familiar voice followed after the halting of the footsteps.

"A beautiful morning, isn't it? A bit hot for my taste though."

You groaned inwardly as the obnoxious Marine returned. You put your head up to see him standing in front of Zoro, who kept his head lowered.

"The Great Demon," he laughs, although nobody was amused, especially not Zoro. "More like a misbehaving puppy tied up in the backyard."

"What do you say, puppy? Do you want to do a trick for me?" He instigated Zoro, trying to provoke a reaction out of him. "Sit up and beg. Hmm."

Zoro grunted, and the man unsheathed a katana. Wait that's Kui- Zoro's, you realise looking at the katana.

"What's so special about this old thing? Hmm?"