Chapter 7

"I have never seen a house this big before," Luffy exclaimed, gazing at the huge place that the man, whose name you learned was Usopp, had brought you to

"Impressive, right?" Usopp grinned, gesturing towards the surrounding. "Kaya has given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want."

"Wow," Luffy replied, his expression filled with awe.

The place looked splendid, no doubt on that, but the lack of people around was a bit... off-putting, to say the least. A huge place such as this one can't possibly be maintained by one person alone. It was impossible. So the staff should be around the place yet you didn't see any around.

"All of this just for one person?" Luffy asked, coming to a sudden stop and peering into a well.

"Well, she lives with her butler and a few other staff," Usopp answered, casually leaning against the well.

Something didn't feel right about this place. The lack of people, the eerily silent environment and just the overall vibe didn't sit quite right with you. Despite the beauty and well-maintained upkeep, the place seemed dead.

"Money really shows you who people truly are," Nami muttered, gazing around before letting go of your arm. "Most people only care about themselves and what's theirs."

"Sounds like someone I know." Zoro responded, glancing at Nami.

"I don't know why this place is giving me odd vibes," you remarked, your gaze sweeping over the surroundings. "A huge place, well maintained by a small staff. This place is oddly silent and empty too."

You sighed trying to shake the feeling off.

"Rich people don't care about that. They care about how much they possess. A small staff saves money," Nami replied. "Besides, a small staff makes for easy pickings."

"Why? Gonna rob the place blind?" Zoro asked, following closely behind.

"At least a little blurry."

A smile formed on your lips at the small conversation. Doubts aside, this was the most peace you have felt after joining Luffy and these two. It hadn't been that long since you left Shells Town but a lifetime of adventure had happened within a short few days. Maybe you could savour every moment of this short era of peace.