SIXTEEN - "She's mine."

SIXTEEN - "SHE'S MINE

SIXTEEN - "SHE'S MINE."

"I fucking meant it!"

Danny begged, his fingers pouring blood.

"Lyds!"

He'd have begged for an eternity if only it meant she would hear him.

"I love you!"

That got her attention. Of course, how could it not? She loved him too after all. From the minute she met him, it was impossible not to love Dan. But to the boy himself, it simply seemed as if his Lyds was out of earshot or she simply didn't care to listen.

He couldn't lose them both... He couldn't lose either of them.

And so it was there that Danny Bixler fell upon his knees, scraping and bloodying them the same way he had his ankle, and he pulled back on the curled wire at the bottom of the gate.

"Shit!" He hissed, flesh tearing and blood baptising the concrete beneath him.

The grate had made some leeway, bending away from its frame but yet it wasn't enough, not enough to reach them, not enough to change the course of events he knew was about to happen, not alone.

"Beth!" He sobbed, begging.

He'd done a lot of that lately.

The woman ushered him back and with a fierce grunt kicked the metal with all her might, again and again, until finally it prized free and together they managed to pull the wiring away completely.

"Go." She told him.

Danny didn't hesitate.

***

"Kassie!" Lyds screamed for her girl.

"Lyds!"

"Kassie! I'm coming!"

The blonde sprinted as fast as she could, as fast as her fucked up legs would carry her for that matter, wobbling and gasping at every bite of pain, puncturing her own lip with her teeth all to bare through it, all to make it to Kassie before any of their worst nightmares could come true. If anything happened to her, if she got hurt, wounded, killed, torn apart, plucked up from the earth by the hand of fucking god himself, Lyds would have done everything in her will to destroy any goodness left in the world, because to her, to them, Beth and Danny, Kassie was the only source of it left.