For You

The Saga of a Man who Saved Ishtar from Oblivion

Long ago in the medieval period, out of the seven continents currently known by cartographers worldwide, only three have been explored. They were Ishtar, Alakitasia, and Scandinavia. You know how they looked like and their people, let's jump straight into today's story. Happy Halloween and hit the star. 

Ishtar was a peninsular continent that jutted out of a larger, but unexplored supercontinent. In the vast continent, there existed a land inhabited by a modest population of 60 million people. However, what truly captured the imagination was the presence of 100 billion wizards, a staggering number that seemed to grow with each passing day. These powerful individuals possessed incredible magical abilities that set them apart from the rest of the world.

Despite the sheer number of wizards, the countries that made up Ishtar were not unified. Instead, they found themselves embroiled in a tense geopolitical rivalry that spanned the entire continent. Nowhere was this rivalry more evident than along the northern coast of Ishtar, where the countries bordering the Arctic Ocean were engaged in a constant power struggle.

The northern region of Ishtar was home to four influential nations: the Holy Duchy of Seven, the Kingdom of Dragnof, the Icebergian Tsardom of Muscovy, and the Pergrande Kingdom. These nations were located in close proximity to the fabled North Pole, making the area all the more significant in terms of strategic importance.

Of these four nations, two stood out in particular due to their tense geopolitical standoff: Pergrande and Seven. These two countries vied for dominance and sought to contain each other's influence across Ishtar. Their competition extended to the smaller and younger kingdoms scattered throughout the continent, as both Pergrande and Seven aimed to assert their power and control.

While Pergrande and Seven were locked in this intense rivalry, they each had their own allies to rely on. Seven's top ally was the Kingdom of Fiore, a powerful nation that shared similar interests and goals. Together, they formed a formidable alliance that aimed to counterbalance Pergrande's growing influence. Both countries believed in a centralized system of government where the head of state called the shots. Their missionaries spread their beliefs to developing nations across the continent, with mixed success. The only developing nation considering an alliance with them was the Islands of Caelum, a third-world country that consisted of an archipelago of developing islands. The King of all Caelum was also a believer in a centralized system of government, hence he's been under attack by Pergrandean forces since he inherited the throne from his dead grandfather. The King of Caelum was desperate, and he believed an alliance with the Fioreans was the only way to save his kingdom. He agreed to the terms of the alliance, and the country of Caelum was absorbed into the Arctic-Atlantic Treaty Organization or AATO.

On the other hand, Pergrande found support from the Kingdom of Bellum, a nation known for its military might and strategic prowess. Through this alliance, Pergrande hoped to bolster its position and counter Seven's advances in the region. The Islands of Enca were the only nation that was leaning on joining Pergrande. In order to open a new market in Pergrande, the king of the third-world island nation in Eastern Ishtar considered developing an economic relationship with the nation.As a result, the United Arab Emirates of Sin followed suit.

As the tension continued to simmer in the northern reaches of Ishtar, the fate of the continent hung in the balance. The outcome of this geopolitical rivalry would undoubtedly shape the future of Ishtar and its inhabitants, both wizards and non-wizards alike.

In conclusion, Ishtar boasted a modest population of 60 million inhabitants, but it was the presence of 100 billion wizards that truly set it apart. The countries within Ishtar's borders found themselves locked in a tense geopolitical rivalry, particularly in the northern coast bordering the Arctic Ocean. The Holy Duchy of Seven, the Kingdom of Dragnof, the Icebergian Tsardom of Muscovy, and the Pergrande Kingdom were key players in this rivalry, with Pergrande and Seven engaged in a fierce competition to contain each other's influence across Ishtar. Their respective alliances with the Kingdom of Fiore and the Kingdom of Bellum added an additional layer of complexity to the situation. The future of Ishtar and its magical inhabitants hinged on the outcome of this intense power struggle.