War Chapter 3

A/N: Welcome to the third part in this series, two stories in one chapter. Hit the star if you've enjoyed it. Your support helps a lot. But please remember the settings are from the manga series Fairy Tail.

The war in Ishtar had left the kingdom victorious, with India, Fiore, and their allies emerging triumphant over the Pergrande Kingdom. The death of Patrick, the King of Pergrande, had brought humiliation upon his nation, ensuring they would never again pose a threat or intimidate weaker allies like Prime Minister Ramaswamy of Fiore and the Queen of India. However, a devastating turn of events shattered the newfound freedom in Ishtar – an unforgiving malaria epidemic that had engulfed the entire Asian continent, including India.Despite the efforts of local Hindu priests to find a cure in the ancient Vedas, numerous lives were lost to the disease. The Queen, desperate for a solution, turned to the Buddhist monks in the east. Regrettably, they too were unable to provide a remedy. This dire situation resulted in millions of Indian citizens succumbing to the agonizing grasp of malaria. The Queen herself mourned the loss of trusted allies who fell victim to this illness.Driven by desperation, the Queen sought aid from an apothecary in the Indian capital of Mumbai. Tragically, his vaccine only resulted in further deaths, leading to his execution as punishment. It is said that his last words were a prayer of misfortune on her Highness and the country that both betrayed him. Undeterred by the failed attempt, the Queen eventually turned to the renowned British scientist, Dr. Elizabeth Thompson, recognized for her groundbreaking research in pathogenic diseases. The people of India and the Queen both hoped with cautious optimism that the scientist's brilliant mind could devise a solution to rescue her people from the menacing grip of malaria.

Regrettably, the treatment required the administration of ether, a powerful substance that renders patients unconscious during a perilous procedure. The process entailed extracting infected mucus from a person suffering from malaria and applying it onto an uninfected individual. The unfortunate demise of 500 patients participating in Dr. Thompson's experiment ignited a wave of impassioned anti-British protests, sweeping through both the nobility and the commoners. This catastrophic turn of events led to Dr. Thompson's dishonorable departure, leaving an indelible mark of resentment among the British populace. Fueled by a vehement anger, the British now set their sights on invading India, with a resolute aim of colonizing the country and expanding their global empire. Meanwhile, news spread to Ishtar that India was under attack. Fiore under King Vivek I was the first to pledge unconditionally to support India in the fight, followed by everyone else in the continent. As word of India's impending invasion reached Ishtar, King Vivek I of Fiore wasted no time in pledging his unconditional support to India in their fight against the British. This act of solidarity resonated deeply with the other nations in the continent, prompting them to follow suit and stand united against the looming threat. Together, the rulers of Ishtar formed a formidable alliance, vowing to protect India's sovereignty and resist any attempts of colonization. With an unwavering determination, they began strategizing and mobilizing their armies in preparation for the imminent conflict, ready to defend their shared values and preserve the independence of India. Once the Allied coalition was ready, they immediately set sail for Goa. The ships moored at the docks and the armies all marched onto land, then marched south to Mumbai. As they advanced through the diverse landscapes of India, the united armies encountered various challenges and obstacles, but their shared resolve and unwavering spirit kept them moving forward, fueled by the belief that their cause was just and necessary. With each step closer to their destination, the anticipation and tension grew, knowing that the fate of their nation rested on their shoulders. In addition, they saw innocent civillians being robbed of their property by the Redcoats, a regiment in the military of the British. Aware of the urgency to halt the British forces, the Allies devised a meticulous plan. Their strategy was to retake the capital city by maneuvering the redcoats into the thick jungle, forcing them to find shelter. With the utmost respect, the fallen soldiers, who sadly succumbed to malaria, would be honored in their final resting places. While the Allies were steadfastly chasing after them, the British forces found themselves relentlessly cornered, with their ships strategically positioned in proximity to Sri Lanka.