Part 14

"Yeh baat tumhe pata thi?"

Umeed kept mum, her big eyes wide with fear as she stood a few steps away from the man burning in anger.

"Koi itna mushkil sawaal tou nahi kia meine. Did you know about it?" His voice was scathingly low and Umeed felt the chills run down her spine.

The cat was out of the bag. Farjaad had spotted Asadullah and Mimi together, which did not seem like a friendly dinner at all, after which there was huge ruckus at the Bahadur Villa where Mimi had accepted their relationship together, making Farjaad lose his sanity completely. It was the first time he raised his tone with Mimi, with Mimi answering back, and all Niggo could do was blame Umeed for it.

"Ha-haan, mera matlab...mujh-"

"I should've known!" He chuckled sarcastically.

"Nahi, Farjaad aap meri baat-"

"You know I didn't believe it at first? When maa told me that you knew, like a fool I defended you! I was so sure that my Umeed would never hide such a huge thing from me!"

Umeed kept her eyes down, not able to speak anything. His voice reflected such disappointment that she felt ashamed. Knowing how much Niggo disliked her, she knew for a fact that she must've said a lot more and Farjaad had to stand there and defend her for something she actually was the culprit for.

"Farjaad, just listen to me once..." she spoke meekly.

"What do I listen to, haan? Tell me, Umeed?" He bursted out, "That you once again LIED TO MY FACE?"

"I didn't lie to you! I just didn't tell you about them" She defended herself.

"Exactly! Tumhari aadat ho gayi hai baatein chupane ki Umeed. Why Umeed? Why is it so hard for you to SPEAK THE DAMN TRUTH FOR ONCE?!"

"Aap ke issi reaction ki wajah se. Pata tha aap issi tarah overreact karenge..."

"OVERREACT?? I find about a relationship between my sister and a guy who can't stay serious for one damn second! The guy who apparently wanted to marry you a few months ago! And then I find out that my fiance knew about it all along and didn't even bother to tell me about it. And you want me to stay calm?!"

"Woh waqai Mimi ko leke serious hai Farjaad. He actually likes her, I've seen it..." Umeed sighed, trying her best to mellow down his anger and make him see the actual point.

"A few days ago, he was having lunch with you. Iss aadmi ka kia bharosa hai ke yeh aur kitni larkiyon ke saath lunch pe jata hoga? And you're saying he's serious about my sister??"

"Nahi Farjaad, aap usse galat samajh rahe hain. Trust me, woh itna bura nahi hai, he's serious-"

Anger ran through his veins seeing her defend that guy relentlessly which was coupled with the disappointment he felt knowing Umeed hid such an important thing from him, yet again.

"TRUST YOU? Have you ever given me a reason to Umeed? You keep on lying to me and you want me to trust you?!"

"It was not on purpose, I swear! Mimi promised me not to..."

"Don't put this on her! It was between you and me" Farjaad cut her off rudely, pointing a finger at her.

"She is my best friend" She was taken aback at his tone but managed to reply.

"And what am I? Huh? What am I to you Umeed?" He asked, taking a step closer, his hand crossed.

"This is all you do. You just take me and this relationship for granted, tumne hamesha se yehi kia hai. You love keeping things from me specially when you know I hate it! Why did we even think that THIS was a good idea?"