Chapter 5

Pike was silent for a few seconds. . . . "All right," but he has to be blindfolded, Pike said, glaring at Umber, "it'd be better if they could all be blindfolded." "What am I going to do? Round up some scary RainWings to sleep on your roof?" Kinkajou said. "Scary RainWings? Pfft!" Pike spat. "No blindfold for me, then," Kinkajou said. "NightWings know everything, it's no use trying to keep secrets from them- I mean us," Moon said. "You can blindfold me, I don't mind," Ostrich said, as she tried to keep her venomous tail away from Pike. Even though Anemone would rather grab the SandWings tail and stab it into Pike's heart for being SO ANNOYING! "If you blindfold Ostrich, she can ride on my back," Anemone said reluctantly. "Or my back," Moon said voluntarily. "You think you're strong enough?" Anemone asked the NightWing. "Sure she is, I'll ride with her, And you can lead Umber," Ostrich said. Pike quickly put the seaweed blindfold on Ostrich and Umber. "Ew, it's all wet and slimy," Ostrich said. "I like wet and slimy," Umber said. "That's weird Umber," Kinkajou said, Anemone and Kinkajou held one of Umber's front talons and helped the MudWing fly to 'the summer palace', when they stopped, an amount of SeaWing guards came to them. "Uh-oh," Pike said. "What?" Anemone asked. The advance guard, Pike said. He didn't seem to be afraid of the SeaWing, just, stating his profession, the dragon was an adult male SeaWing, he had dull gray-green scales, similar in appearance to a stone where moss has been scraped away, he had unsettling, malicious, tiny, bone-pale, unblinking eyes that were unfriendly, pale reflecting pools that hid his thoughts, he had a knobbly, protruding forehead and horns that twisted strangely towards one another, he had lacked any battle scars, and he had a pattern of starbursts shaped like webbed dragon prints branching across his wings, indicative of the SeaWing royal family. "Halt!" The SeaWing snapped, "Pike, what are you bringing home?" "I found the missing princess," Pike announced. Yeah, right, I was the one doing all the finding, Anemone thought. "From the scroll?" A SeaWing said. "Is it really her?" Another SeaWing asked. "This is Shark, commander defense and brother to the queen," Pike whispered. I guess he's my uncle, Anemone thought. "What makes you think you think this clam of a dragon comes from the stolen royal egg?" Shark asked. "Why? Do you lose a lot of eggs? Maybe whoever's in charge of palace defense isn't very good at it, then," Anemone said. Anemone then glanced at Shark mockingly. "Oh, wait, that's you, isn't it?" Anemone said. "Her story makes sense, she knew about Webs, and look at the patterns under her wings," Pike said, "quick! Light up your wings," he whispered. Anemone lit up her wings and pattern of starbursts shaped like webbed dragon prints branched across her wings, a few of the SeaWings gasped, another screamed in surprise. "The missing princess!" A SeaWing said. "Look, Shark has the same markings," Pike said pointing a talon at Shark's wings. Because we're both royal, Anemone thought, but one day I shall be queen, and Shark will never be anything but a soldier. Shark looked Anemone in the eyes. "Very well," he said, "kill the other four and bring her."