Chapter 2

When Coraline and Wybie walked into the orphanage, they did not expect to actually adopt, alas not everything goes according to plan.

Therefore here we are. Little Eliza was holding Coraline's hand while they were on their way to celebrate in a nice little restaurant.

It was quiet between them, well at least between the two adults. Little Eliza was in her own world, talking about all the new stuff they brought, saying how much she likes it.

After they signed the papers, they took her shopping for some new stuff, so now instead of two bags filled with their gear, The have three more full of clothes and toys for little Eliza. They literally spent half their savings.

After 30 minutes of walking the new family arrived at a cute little restaurant near the edge of a forest. When they walked in a hostess lead them to a table next to a window with a view of the forest.
They sat down in silence, waiting for the hostess to come back.

"So...nice day huh" Wybie awkwardly spoke, trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't. Say. A word."
Coraline glared at him, she was not in the mood for his games. After that interaction, it was an awkward dinner for the two friends.

Wybie didn't mind the adoption at all, he was good with children. He has 2 younger cousins, which he used to babysit. Overall he felt comfortable with little kids.

Coraline didn't share his sentiments. She felt awkward with them, she never knew what to say or do. The brunette doesn't have any younger relatives, so she is not used to children and their needs. The girl is scared to be a bad parent. Her fear of not being good enough goes so far, she can't even be in a relationship without doubting her every move.

Eliza on the other hand was happily eating, oblivious to the tension between the other two at the table.

"This is the best thing I ever had!" The little girl cheered and stuffed her mouth full of chicken nuggets.

"Thanks mom!"

Coraline's heart skipped a beat, her mouth forming a gentle smile. She can't deny the feeling of happiness she felt at being called something so special. Her words ware unexpected but not unwelcome.

The brunette vowed to always be there for the little girl, she already formed a soft spot for her.
'There is no going back'

"I didn't eat for 2 days, so my tummy hurts but I am still hungry" the child said with a smile as she continued stuffing her face.

Wybie's hand knocked over his glass of water, in panic he stood up and walked away from the table. Eliza wondered if he was panicking because of the spill, she always got in trouble for it, so maybe he does too?

Coraline tensed, shook attacking her body as she absorbed the information. It wasn't a surprise that they didn't treat her right at the orphanage but starving her? That was a thing Coraline couldn't understand. Feeding children only when they done all their chores. It's not right. It's not fair.
The world is not fair though.

She noticed Wybie pacing back and forth outside of the restaurant and knew the celebration was over.

She took a deep breath and waved at the waitress for a check.

𓃠

Eliza was holding Coralines hand as they walked to the hotel. The little girl wouldn't move from the bus seat unless her new mom was holding her hand, so Coraline didn't have a choice and grabbed her hand, while leading her out of the bus she was cursing under her breath. Wybie was laughing the entire way back, he was not even trying to hide it.

Back at their little celebration dinner.
When Coraline walked with Eliza out of the restaurant the male already calmed down and was back to his awkward and happy self.

Little Eliza thought he was worried about the spill, but Coraline knew it was the mistreatment of children, that made him angry, the guy doesn't get angry often, but this was something he couldn't bare listening to.

Now their entertainment was making fun of the brunette, Wybie's favourite pass time.
As they entered the lobby the receptionist gave them a weird look, probably because they ware teenagers with a child . It could also be that Wybie was mimicking a chicken. We will never know.

They took the elevator up to their floor, Coraline sighed in relief as the door opened and Wybie stopped making Chicken noises and poses.

The reason he was doing it was because he was telling a story about how Coraline's fear of buttons made her remove them from everything, even her classic coat was buttonless.

Eliza as a child was giggling at the silly fear, but reality of it runs so much deeper.

Finally the new family stood at the door of their room.
"Do you have the key?" The brunette turned to the black haired male. He nodded his head and stood there looking at all five bags they ware carrying.
Unbeknownst to Coraline, Wybie was trying to figure out in which bag he put the keys in.

"If you listened to me, and left them with me, we could have been inside already" The girl referred to the dark corridor they ware standing in. She had a lot of experience with creepy creatures and corridors, it was stressful enough having to walk around people not knowing what true colours they hide, but the fact they ware alone was not helping her anxiety either.

Coraline actually didn't know what scenario was worse.

"I got it!" Wybie showed Coraline the key with triumph, he was proud of himself for finding it. The girl rolled her eyes and adjusted her hold on the sleeping child.

Eliza fell asleep in the elevator, for some reason she still couldn't let go of Coraline. Even though Wybie wanted to carry her, Eliza wouldn't let go, so the brown haired girl had no other option but to carry her.

Wybie opened the door and stretched, walking in with a satisfied smile. Coraline walked in next, she took off her shoes and locked the door behind her.

She was walking to their bedroom when Wybie spoke up. "So where is Eli gonna sleep?" Wybie questioned while making himself a drink.

"She is going to sleep with me" Coraline turned around and walked to the bedroom she put the child on their bed and took off her little shoes, she heard Wybie rushing in.

"But there is not enough space for three people on the bed" Wybie whined in her ear, he didn't want to be uncomfortably closed up with them, he liked his own space.

The brunette put her hands on his shoulders and made him walk backwards until he was out of the room.

"That's why you are going to sleep on the couch" Coraline smirked as she held the door.

"I thin- wait what?" The guy was frozen in place.

"Good night Wyborne" she closed the door in his pouting face.

┏━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┓
1188 words