[2.5] Whispers and Seething Soul

Word Count: 4463 words.

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepperup potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward. Ginny Weasley, who had been looking pale, was bullied into taking some by Percy. The steam pouring from under her vivid hair gave the impression that her whole head was on fire. Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds.

On the 10th of October, was your birthday. And to say that it was fulfilling, will be a good start. Hermione gave you a very big journal and some brilliant scarfs she knitted herself. She admitted that she only helps a little, but nonetheless you love the gesture very much. Erika gave you a special Walkman that works even in the thickness magic presence, this was her project for Muggle Studies, she's very proud of it. Working together with your sister was Elizabeth, she gives you tapes of her music. Raging from jazz and classical she knew since birth to pop and rock such as David Bowie. To say that she got a taste will be an understatement.

Some other friends add to the piles of presents that it submerges your side of dormitory. Even some professors gave you their own. Professor Sprouts always gave her Hufflepuff a birthday presents, but to your surprise, Flitwick and McGonagall gave you one as well. They say it was due to your noticeable dedication in their class, you felt happy and proud to be acknowledge.

Few days later, the Halloween is here. You and Josh were building food fort together, having the best feast of your lives when the time is here to rest and sleep. Like any other houses, more so the Slytherins, Hufflepuff made their way to the dungeon. The walk came to a halt however, when the Slytherins stop and murmured with shock and fear. Josh was wondering the same thing as you, and so, he asked a first year Slytherin in front of you and him.

"Pardon mate, why are we stopping?"

"Can't you see? It's right there on the wall!" The first years point for you and Josh to see.

Something indeed was shining on the wall ahead. Both you and Josh fight the crowds and approached slowly, squinting through the darkness. Foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED.

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE

And close to the anonymous message lies a more concerning threat. Mrs. Norris, the caretaker's cat, was hanging by her tail from the torch bracket. She was stiff as a board, her eyes wide and staring.