2. Right Now

This Friday was absolutely horrible at work. I'm completely drained.

Once the lights go down, I feel the night calling to me. The party people, they're out in the streets and singing songs, singing my name.

And if I listen closely, when the lights go down, I hear Harry calling my name.

Somewhere deep inside of me, my wild side is screaming to get out.

"Ugh." I mumble into my pillow. Gavin and I had taken a nap. I throw on a navy blue Syracuse sweatshirt and black cotton shorts. I throw my hair up in a bun. At least it's Saturday.

I really do not want to go back and face my boss on Monday—wait... It's summer. I don't have to work summers!

I feel the relaxation of the thoughts of summer rush into me, then rush right back out when my eyes land on the picture of Harry and I at the front door going on our first date.

I won't cry... but right now, I wish he were here with me. Everything still feels so new without him. I can't fight this feeling. Every night, I tell myself I won't cry, I tell myself I won't cry, I won't cry.

Do something new. Make a new memory that doesn't have Harry laced between the pages somehow.

I shouldn't even be thinking about Harry. I have a boyfriend. And I'm perfectly happy with my boyfriend.

He's Australian, he's caring and sweet, he treats me like he should, and he's amazing with Gavin. His name is Dallan.

I absentmindedly turn to pick up Gavin to take him downstairs and get ready for dinner, but when I look down at my bed he's not there.

"Gavin?" I shout, alarmed.

I run into Gavin's room. I spin around to his crib and gasp, fear prickling through me. He's not there.

Oh my God, he's not—

Before my mind can process anything I hear chatter and pots banging downstairs, then some laughter. A smile crosses my face and I run down the stairs and find Gavin waddling around with Obri in the kitchen cooking and Perrie next to Gavin.

"She's up!" Jack's voice says, and I turn to see Jack. He's Obri's older brother, and he was always like an older brother to me.

"Jack!" I exclaim, delighted to see a face from the past. I hug him and he smiles, twirling me around in a circle.

"Mumumuma!" Gavin shrieks in his high pitched baby voice. He runs over, a huge smile on his face as he comes up. I crouch down to his height and he throws his little chubby arms around me. Then he toddles back over to Charlie.

"Oh! Charlie!" I exclaim, jumping into Charlie's arms.

"Hey lovely!" Charlie says as he spins me around in a circle and kisses my cheek. Charlie is a lot like Will. He used to hang out with Will and Harry sometimes.

"KACEY!" Perrie screams hugs me and ruffles my hair up.

"PER-BEAR!" I tease, and suffocate her in a hug. Her sweet laughter rings out through the room, as she hugs me back.