6. Where Do Broken Hearts Go

Kacey's POV

I thought I was going to die before 2 o'clock hit me, and when it did, I was ready to die.

Confronting my ex boyfriend, a world famous popstar in an irresistibly amazing boy band about what, the relationship we had that failed but gave us a child that he still doesn't know about?

I'm sure that would go over well. The tabloids would get a kick out of that one.

I've counted all of my mistakes and there's only one, that stands out from the list of everything I've ever done.

I've built myself a house from a broken home but it's hardly a home without Harry. He was my home. He still is.

It took me some time to fix up my broken heart, and it's not even fixed, not even close. The pieces are broken and it's just tied together, not put together.

I close my eyes and I open the door handle, stepping out of the room.

I meet him on the beach. I want to hug him, but I don't, because sometimes you just can't do what you want to.

"Hello," he greets. Oh, those lips...

"Hello, Harry."

My mind searches hard, trying to find anything to distract myself but all I can think of are the taste and the touch of his lips. Out of everything I could want, they're at the top of my list.

It makes me feel horrible, having these thoughts inside. I have a boyfriend. A fiancé. That word is still foreign to my tongue.

"How have you been?"

Horrible. "Fine." 

"How have you really been?"

"You really want me to answer that question?"

Harry pauses, and he sees into my soul, I swear. "I'm ready to hear it."

Harry's POV

Shit. What the hell am I planning on saying?

I swear, you perform a concert, blink three times and it's over. Time flies. But every time I look at the clock now, love taunting me, only one minute passes.

All the rest of the crimes I've committed (though they're not the criminal record kind) don't even come close to the look on her face she burned in my mind when I let her go.

I've written a song from the words she spoke, with Sam McCarthy.

"Don't let me go, don't let me..." She whispered.

I shudder. I'll never be able to take back what I said, because I said it. It's taken a lit of time but I think I've figured out how to fix my broken heart that I've let down.

I used to search every lonely place I went, the old bakery I worked in, a little cafe we used to love, trying to find her, hoping I would see her and I could call out her name but I just don't know that we would ever be the same.

I'm waiting on the beach, I've been waiting for two hours, for two o'clock. I couldn't wait inside. I needed to clear my mind.

I hear footsteps and I stand, turning around.

My world stops in front of me.

"Hello," I say, nervous.

"Hello, Harry." She murmurs, averting her gaze swiftly away from mine under the cloudy skies.