5. Loved You First

It's 3:25 am. I'm laying in bed, awake.

I'm trying to find the words to explain why I ran off but I don't have them. I should be next to Dallan, but he's out partying instead of laying beside me.

My mind travels back to the incident when Harry said my name for the first time in a year and a half.

I told him I was Blair... but I'm not sure he bought it...

Who the hell am I kidding? Of course he didn't buy it. He's not an idiot.

I want him so bad, so bad, that it hurts. It hurts like crazy and somehow I put up with the pain, all this time, because I knew the only way I could see him was through the memories, and dreams, and photographs.

Somewhere between thinking of him, I fall asleep.

FLASHBACK/DREAM 

I woke up one morning, and flew out of bed. I flung my pajamas off and jumped into the shower.

When I got out, I threw my hair up in a bun, put on some Nike running shorts, a shirt and a sweatshirt then went outside and sat on the front steps of my grandparents house, waiting.

Harry was coming back from his dad's.

He left the day I got here for Christmas vacation, and I have been driving myself completely crazy waiting for him to come home. I haven't gotten to see him since summer.

I've missed him so horribly.

As soon as I stepped outside a burst of frosty air hit me and I looked up at cloudy skies.

"Whoa," I whisper. I completely forgot how cold it can get... I'm usually just here for summers.

Was it going to rain today?

I sighed and went back inside to put on light, worn skinny jeans, and fuzzy UGG slippers.

I sat down on the steps outside, playing with my headband. I slipped it on and off. I played with my fingers, twirling them around each other.

Waiting for him to come home should not be this hard. I'm a freshman for goodness sakes

It's only 7:45 am in the morning. He should be back around 8:00 am. I stay right where I am, yawning every five seconds.

I barely got any sleep the past three days he's been gone. Everything was just kind of empty, knowing that Harry wasn't across the street.

My Grandmum and Grandpa woke up, and they bring me out a piping hot mug of tea and Grandpa tells me I'm bonkers for waiting outside in the cold, but Grandmum says I'm being a romantic and young love is such a treasure especially when you can connect with someone so well.

Grandmum then continues telling me how she's glad I'm dating Harry, and she always knew we'd get together and she can already picture us getting married. They finally go back inside, and after a few minutes Grandpa brings me out an unfolded sleeping bag to use as a blanket.

"Good ol' fashioned American blanket. Might as well be warm if you're gonna be romantic," he grumbled, and as he walks away I hear him mumbling about Grandmum wanting him to give me this thin, scrawny knitted little blanket to use.

I wait for awhile more, growing restless. Harry, where are you babe?

Every single car I see I think is Harry, but none of them are and it's driving me INSANE.