3. Half a Heart

"Wait... Our rooms are in the West Wing on the bottom floor..." Obri says.

My breathing pauses. 

"To be exact, right across the hallway from rooms A124 and A125... We have rooms A144 and A145." Camryn says, checking the room card.

My heart starts up, rocketing forward.

Perrie interrupts our worry. "Could be another Paul Higgins, right?"

"Yeah!" Obri exclaims. "I'm sure there's plenty of people named Paul Higgins! That surname is rather common,"

"Oh totally. Remember Andrew Higgins from highschool? His dad's name was Paul. If it's him coming I'm warning you in advance, Drew's a hottie now." Camryn says, slipping her shades down to study me closely.

"But would they need three rooms?" Obri asks.

"For family maybe," Perrie decides.

I feel like I've just been slapped across the face and, being me, I jump straight into conclusions. No.

I won't freak out, I'll just act like he's any other guy. If it's him.

"Oh God." I mumble.

"Kacey?" Perrie asks, pushing up her sunglasses.

"Yes?" I ask. 

"You okay there chica?" Camryn asks.

"She's not letting the possibility of a certain someone ruin her perfect little Maui vacay," Obri winks at me. "Right?"

"He can ruin any other week of my life but this one is off limits," I say with a shaking voice.

"That a girl," Camryn pats my back.

"How about, tonight let's go crazy." Perrie decides.

"Now that's a plan that I agree with! I can't promise that if we run into you-know-who I won't flirt," Camryn adds.

"Me either," Obri and Perrie say, and I roll my eyes but laugh.

"And Harry is off limits because he's yours," Perrie says.

"Not anymore," I say, laying back in the sun and sliding my sunglasses on.

"So you would let us flirt with him then?" Obri asks.

"Hell no," I answer with a short laugh. I suddenly feel confident. "Ex boyfriends are off-limits. Haven't you seen Mean Girls? Maybe I'm ready to see him," I say.

"We'll make sure you look especially hot tonight," Perrie tells me.

"I love you guys," I say and we chuckle.

After tanning ourselves for awhile, we head to a market and browse through all the little stands. We buy fresh fruits and flower leis, and jewelry made from coconut shells and seashells.

We try coconut milk and buy souvenir coconut cups with umbrellas and try on some hula skirts and dance with hula girl who show us part of their routine.

"Damn girl you can move those hips!" Perrie exclaims, and the hula girls laugh with us.

"What do you expect from the party girl?" Camryn said back.

"Wiggle wiggle wiggle!" Obri sings, hip bumping me, causing an eruption of laughter.

We take the stuff back to our hotel room around 6:30, and start getting ready for tonight. We open the windows and balcony doors, turn on our radio and sing while prepping ourselves for a beach party.