4. Stand Up

Obri looks through the peephole. "It's house keeping. I'll talk with them outside."

I nod. "Huh, funny. It almost sounded like Dal—"

"Okay well let's get dressed now. Kacey you want to put on your dress now?" Camryn asks.

"We changed our minds. We'll go to a beach party tomorrow. Tonight, we'll go out and have a fancy dinner. I'll help with your dress," Perrie says, and they rush me into the bedroom.

I undress from my bathing suit and slip into the dress from earlier.

"Oh my gosh you are so pretty... I can't wait to see you on your we-"

"You look GORGEOUS!" Obri comes in and cuts Camryn off.

Perrie glares at Camryn, and Cam smiles innocently.

"Guys seriously, what is happening?" I ask, worried and confused.

"Shh calm down and don't worry about it! Just enjoy the mystery!" Perrie says.

"Okay... Your hair already looks amazing but maybe just a small fix up to help the stray hairs..." Camryn says, heading into the bathroom.

"And we'll do your make up! Perrie would you get her shoes?" Obri asks.

"Shoe time! Oh my gosh you're going to love the shoes we have picked out for you!" Perrie skips off.

"What is happening? I want to know!" I shout.

"Nope." Obri shakes her head.

"SHOESIES!" Perrie drops a pair of teal and white peep toe pumps with a strap across them that snaps in a small bow.

"Oh my gosh... These are beautiful," I say, taking them and fingering the satin teal accents.

"Okay. Make up and hair are done," The girls say after a few minutes.

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm stunned by the girl staring back at me. She looks young and beautiful and full of life.

It's nothing how I felt back home.

Right then I wished Harry could see me now, see how confident I look. Harry would tell me what he always told me, 'You're a thief because you stole my heart.'

I smile at my friends.

"Okay... Now let us get ready and we'll go!" Cam says.

I wait a few minutes and they come out, all dressed up.

"I'm sorry but we need to do this..." Obri pulls out a blindfold.

"What?" I ask, as she ties it on. "You guys are really scaring me right—"

"Hush, Jedi Knight! Patience you must have!" Camryn exclaims, then giggles.

"Was that Yoda? I am gonna trip and fall!" I hold Perrie's shoulder tightly.

We walk awhile, perhaps because I am walking so slowly, and I feel a breeze around me so we must be outside.

Then I feel my friends tense around me so I automatically ask, "What? What is it?" In a concerned whisper.

"Mmmm nothing to worry about now..." Obrienne whispers back, but I know it's not nothing.

"Okay... Three, two, one!" my blindfold is lifted off.

"Oh," My hand flies to my mouth as I look at the sight before me.

There's a table for two under some glowing lanterns strung to banyan trees on a platform by the beach. The table has a white tablecloth over it, some lights and candles on the table, and Dallan is standing under the lanterns with a bouquet of pale pink and peach colored roses. My favorites.