C H A P T E R - E I G H T

"What happened to you last week? You've been different," my coach asked.

"Nothing," I said as I smashed the shuttlecock.

"Take it easy. If you keep on smashing without thinking, you will lose. You already know that. If you attend practice just to let out your anger, then you can't learn. Let's take a break," my coach said in a long speech. I couldn't focus because of everything going on in my life recently.

Faith is my therapist, which is a good thing because I can spend my hours talking to her, but at the same time, she must think that I'm a toy that needs to be fixed.

My father warned me to always attend my sessions. There's nothing wrong with me, but he keeps insisting that I'm damaged.

This has been going on for several months now, and still, there's no improvement. I'm not the problem; my father is.

I sat on the bench, rewinding what's been happening in my life for the past few months.

"Where are you going?" my coach shouted as I walked quickly, leaving the court.

I kept looking for a cigarette in my gym bag. Now, I'm in my car, staring blankly into space.

When I finally found one, I lit it and blew the smoke into the air.

I felt relieved. The competition is on the way, and here I am, sitting and smoking. "Really nice, Arya," I sarcastically said to myself.

Suddenly, a knock on the window startled me. It was Mike, my colleague in badminton. He seemed to be heading out, too. I hid the cigarette before rolling down the window.

"It's too early," he said, pointing at his wristwatch and looking at me.

"Something came up," I lied.

"We can practice if you have more time," he suggested with a big, wide smile on his face.

I knew he never meant badminton when he said that.

"I need to go," I said, about to close my car window, but he blocked it.

"My friend Jed is throwing a party this Saturday. Maybe you can hang out with us," he said confidently.

"I don't know, maybe or maybe not. It depends on my schedule. I'm sorry, I really need to go now," I bluntly said.

Before I rolled my window up, he shouted, "There's nothing wrong with smoking!"

Playing "So Damn Into You" by Vlad Holiday

I drove away from the gym, still feeling the weight of everything that's been happening. I didn't feel like going home, so I decided to stop by a bar that I knew was quiet and not too crowded.

As I walked in, the dim lighting and soft music made me feel a bit more relaxed. I found a seat at the bar and ordered a drink. I wasn't planning on staying long, just long enough to clear my head.

That's when I noticed her. She was sitting a few seats away from me, sipping a cocktail. She looked like she was in her forties but had a youthful glow about her. Her hair was neatly styled, and she wore a confident smile. There was something about her that drew me in.

She caught me staring and smiled at me. Feeling a bit bolder than usual, I smiled back. She moved over to sit next to me.

"Rough day?" she asked, her voice smooth and inviting.

"You could say that," I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

We talked for a while. Her name was Julia, and she had a way of making me feel at ease. We laughed and shared stories. I found myself telling her about my frustrations, my father, and the therapy sessions.

She listened intently, nodding in understanding.

As the night went on, the bar became crowded, and we moved closer together. I could feel the chemistry building. At one point, she placed her hand on my arm, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Do you want to get out of here?" she whispered, her eyes locked onto mine.

Without thinking, I nodded. She took my hand and led me to the restrooms at the back of the bar. We slipped into one of the stalls, and she locked the door behind us.

The small space was filled with our mingling breaths and the faint sounds of the bar outside. Julia pressed me against the wall, her body close to mine. I could feel the heat radiating off her as she leaned in and kissed me. Her lips were soft but demanding, and I responded eagerly.

Her hands roamed over my body, exploring every inch of me. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer. Her touch was electric, sending waves of pleasure through me. I could feel my heart racing as our kisses grew more passionate.

She broke away for a moment, her eyes dark with desire. "I've wanted this since I saw you," she whispered, her voice husky.

"Me too," I managed to say, my breath coming in short gasps.

Julia's hands slid under my shirt, her fingers grazing my skin. I shivered at her touch, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation. She tugged my shirt over my head, and I quickly did the same to her. Her body was toned and fit, her skin smooth under my fingers.

We kissed again, more urgently this time. Her hands moved to my jeans, undoing the button and sliding them down. I did the same to her, our clothes quickly piling up on the floor.

In the dim light of the restroom, our bodies pressed together, skin to skin. She kissed her way down my neck, her lips leaving a trail of fire. I moaned softly, my hands gripping her waist.

Julia's touch was both gentle and insistent, driving me wild. She guided me down to the small bench in the stall, straddling my lap. Our movements were frantic, filled with a desperate need to feel each other.

We made out intensely, our hands exploring each other's bodies, our breaths coming in ragged gasps. The world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us in that small, intimate space.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally slowed down, our foreheads resting against each other. We were both breathing heavily, our bodies glistening with sweat.

"That was incredible," she murmured, her lips brushing against mine.

I nodded, still trying to catch my breath. "Yeah, it was."

She dressed up and smiled as she headed out first while I stood fixing myself, looking in the mirror smiling.