C H A P T E R - T E N

Faith Point of View

"Honey, someone's calling your phone!" I shouted as I heard his phone ringing. He seemed not to hear me since he was in the bathroom taking a shower. I dropped the pot holder because I was cooking dinner for tonight and grabbed the cellphone.

As I picked up the cellphone, I saw the name "Danna" on the screen. I was curious about who she was calling on my husband's phone. I answered it and heard a girl's voice on the other end.

"Hello, good evening, Alex. I'm sorry to call you at this late hour, but something came up in the office right now," she said. She had an angelic and sexy voice, and I was curious about her identity.

Before I could talk, I saw my husband walking towards me, topless, and with a towel around his waist, curious about who I was talking to with his cellphone.

I immediately gave him his phone and told him someone named Danna was calling, shooting him a dirty look. He just chuckled, looking at me as if to say, "What are you doing with my phone?" He answered the phone while walking upstairs.

I continued cooking because it was already 7 pm, and we still hadn't had dinner.

I cooked pasta and ordered a pizza box as requested by our 7-year-old son.

I walked in front of the stairs. "Axel! Dinner's ready, hurry up!" I shouted toward the second floor. I heard his door open and close, indicating he was coming downstairs to the dinner table.

"How was your assignment?" I asked him as he was busy pulling the chair to sit at the table.

"It was fine, Mom. I colored it," he replied happily. 

I put my hand on his hair and brushed it with my fingers. "Good job, baby. As a reward, I ordered pizza as you requested," I said. He chuckled and opened a big, wide smile.

I was busy preparing dinner when I saw my husband dressed in his uniform, walking quickly down the stairs. "Where are you going?" I asked him.

He put on his shoes and necktie. I walked towards him and adjusted his necktie. "Something came up in the office. One of the cargos is missing," he said as I was fixing his necktie.

"Who's Danna?" I abruptly questioned.

He smiled playfully at me. "Oh, are you feeling threatened by the name Danna?" he said seductively, playing with a big smile on his face.

"Oh, come on," I chuckled.

He kissed me on the lips while still smiling. "Danna is my assistant," he said.

I stopped fixing his necktie and looked at him curiously. "Ms. Assistant, the hot and sexy assistant of Mr. Alex," I said, my voice filled with intrigue. Playfully, I added, "Should I be jealous?" I displayed a wide, playful smile.

"Really? You're the hottest girl, and really damn hot, honey," he smiled and kissed me again. "She's not my type. You are my type."

"Okay, you got me there," I chuckled.

He kissed me passionately. I patted his back as I saw our son looking at us and smiling.

Sitting at the dinner table with my son, Axel, waiting for my husband, Alex, I felt disappointed. It was already 8 p.m., and Axel was tired. I put him to bed, hoping Alex would arrive soon.

As the hours passed, I felt more anxious. By midnight, Alex still hadn't come home. I sighed heavily, realizing he wouldn't make it for dinner. Sadly, I put the food in the fridge.

I took out a glass of whiskey and drank, walking towards my office table with the computer on. I opened my cabinet and took out my journal of my patient.