Chapter #1

Adrian's pov-

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.. 。・゜✭・.・

My alarm goes off, reminding me that I have to get up for another horrible day.

I shut off the alarm and after laying there, I willed myself to get up. I then go to the bathroom and take a cold shower. When I was six, I read an article on how if you took cold showers, it could change your element-and yes, I know now that is not true-but I still take a cold shower every day. I have no reason to stop, so I don't. When I get out, I fix my hair and go to my closet to get my clothes and get dressed.

When I was ready, I went down the stairs. My mom was home, in the kitchen baking who knows what but as usual, my dad was nowhere to be found.

"Hey mom," I say, sitting down. I smell the now burning toast and watch as she runs over to the toaster.

"Oh" she looked like a 5 year old getting caught doing something bad. until I smiled at her and she smiled back. grabbing a knife and scraping the burnt parts off of the toast before spreading my favorite apple jelly on top she hands it to me and sends me off to another day of school.

I eat my toast, the apple jelly coating my tongue with a sweet stickiness. I hear footsteps behind me. As they get closer--I move faster-- they continue to follow suit.

"Hey! Idiot, come here!"

I tried to ignore the piercing voice until the footsteps finally reached me and someone grabbed me from behind.

The skin of my temple grinds against the sidewalk when they throw me to the ground.

"Shit" I said as a sharp pain marked the beginning of a nasty headache. I look up to see three boys: Alex, Michael,and Tommy.

They laugh and kick me as I try to get up. When I'm finally able to stand up, I throw a punch at Adrian. It hits his stomach, and he bends over in pain. I chuckle, but not before Tommy punches me in the face--I stumble back.

"Crap" I say, holding my cheek. The other boys laughed at me, they taunt me and call me names until she walks up. her hair was long-chestnut brown. She had glasses--her blue eyes were piercing--as they fell on me.

"What the heck?" the girl says.

"Guys, stop it. You're being horrible. Just go to school," the girl says.

Alya's Pov 

"What the heck?" I scream; I was just walking to school, and what do I see?

I see Tommy, Michael, and Alex beating up a kid. As I walk closer, to the now big stupid situation and yell again.

"Guys, stop being horrible; go to school," I say. They turn around and look at me, startled.

"Oh, Hey, Alya," Alex says, smiling. looking at me innocently. I glare at him.

"Alex, what are you hurting him for?" I ask, and instead of him telling me, Tommy blurts out.

"He's a fire."

I look at him, as do the boys. I look at him with anger and walk up to him ready to throw a punch but I know I shouldn't so I whisper.

"You cannot treat someone differently simply because they are different. You people are horrible. I don't care if my element is the same as yours. You should be ashamed that you did this."

They chuckle at my reply but continue to move on, Alex looks back grinning knowing that nothing will happen if I say anything to our parents. I sigh, clearly disinterested. I look back at the boy behind me.

"Right, um, hey, so I'm sorry about them," I say awkwardly, looking down at the boy still holding his right cheek.

The boy nods. "Thanks for that," he says, wiping his lip. I nod and begin to walk away.I hear him follow me, stumbling around a bit. I stop and wait for him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, and he looks at me.

He nods and keeps walking, so I try to stay closer this time. He does not look okay, I think to myself, but I can't do anything; he won't let me.

"You don't look fine," I reply to myself and walk ahead of him. I feel kinda bad for leaving him but he didn't want my help so I wouldn't force it on him.

I kept walking, I finally arrived at school, went to my locker, and grabbed my books, quickly putting my backpack away. I then went to my first class, and when I saw my best friend, I walked over to her and told her what happened on the way to school. She thought it was cool that I'd 'saved' someone. During class, I take notes. It was boring as usual, nothing exciting, but when class ended and I walked out of the classroom, as I walked out I ran into someone and when I pulled back to look up I saw the boy I helped this morning.

"O-oh hi," I said a little startled, my mind went blank. I'm not sure if he noticed though because he looked the same. His lip was bruised but had stopped bleeding. If he did have any other injuries I couldn't see them.

"Come with me," he says, he walks away expecting me to follow. I'm not sure if I should, but I do anyway, knowing nothing bad can happen at this school. They have cameras everywhere. Sometimes I think it's kind of scary. I follow him, and he brings me to this empty art room.

"What are we doing here? I have class, you know." I'm getting annoyed looking at him. I set my things down on the cleanest looking table in that room and looked at him eagerly, waiting for an answer I was starting to think was never coming. Then he finally spoke up.

"Why did you help me this morning?" he asks in a hushed voice.

Thinking for an answer I looked at him and spoke up, finding something in my head that might work for an answer.

"Because they were being mean; just because you are different, they were being rude and needed to be put in their place, but they aren't your friends, right? They didn't look like your friends, my brother usually likes hanging out with 'his kind' if you know what I mean" I say, answering his question. He looked very shocked, like he wasn't expecting that answer.

"Wait which one is your brother? " he asks.

" Oh Alex" I say and he looks angry.

" You could have helped me this whole time," he says, his voice getting louder.

" Well I don't walk with him, usually he leaves way before i do this was the first time I've actually seen him beat anyone up" I say grabbing my stuff.

He looks at me but then gives up and walks out the Art room shutting off the lights on the way out leaving me alone in the dark.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.. 。・゜✭・.・

Thanks for reading have a good day/night!!!!

Vote(つ≧▽≦)つ

and

Comment (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧