...𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭? • 𝟎𝟏

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
2.1k words

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭?

Of course there's another new kid. I mean it's like we just can't catch a break you know? One of the satyrs already brought a new half blood last month.

His name was something like Henry Parker or something like that, maybe it was Jeremy Parker...I'm not really sure, but you get the point.

I mean I like being around people like me I guess, but then again, people here don't always like to consider me a real half-blood, because I'm unclaimed.

This is going to be hard to explain, especially since you're a mortal (maybe). And I know this story is gonna take a while, so let's backtrack shall we?

First let's start with my name. Lorelei Faye Soreen, most just call me Lorelei though. My dad named me Lorelei because it meant enchantress or siren, and in mythology they called sailors with their song.

And he told me that's how he felt about my mom. Her beauty, kindness and grace was calling him.

I lived with my dad and later on, my little brother, Luca, for as long as I can remember. I never knew my mom, and for a while, I thought everyone only had their dad.

It wasn't until I went to preschool and saw other kids making cards for their mom's on Mother's Day that I realized I was different, and it wasn't exactly normal.

I remember that a few times, my dad would come home happy, but every time he was happy coming home from a long shift, it was because he'd been thinking about my mom. He said she had a beautiful smile. He said I had her eyes. But he never once told me who 'she' actually was.

I also remember dad coming home really late from work (when he hadn't thought about my mom), and he was always too exhausted to play, so I matured at a very young age, and I grew up way faster than other kids. Way faster than I should have.

So when Luca was finally brought home, I had someone to love, care for, and relate too. He's said to have the same mother as me, but I also, didn't care.

When I was finally old enough, I figured I'd be the one to step up. If dad was working so hard, and mom is gone, I'll do it. And so I did.

Now that you've heard my little sob story, here we are, back to the present.

__________________________________

"Gods what the hell happened to him?" I asked impulsively as a small crowd of campers gathered around the new kid.

"He has to be the one, he just has to be-" Annabeth's thoughts were then interrupted by Chiron.

"Silence you two, the boy has been through enough in one night." Chiron walked closer to the almost unconscious boy and said, "Percy Jackson, welcome to camp. We've been expecting you."

The boy finally fell unconscious, and I knew that's where me and Annabeth would take over.

"Annabeth, Lorelei, please take Percy to the big house, and...give him some ambrosia and let him rest. It will do great things for him with what lies ahead." Chiron said looking down at him.